• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP College Bowl Tournament '09

Interesting.......very interesting.

Good luck all! It's been exciting! I'll miss the game tonight; I've got to work
mad.gif

Stay warm, everyone; it's going to be 18 here tonight. That seem like an early spring morning to many of you, but it's pretty dang cold here in the "Bayou State"!!

Dang...Tech let me down tonight, but the ONLY bowl game I have cared about from the start was the one on Thursday!! ROLL TIDE!! If I get those 34 confidence points I do not care about any other game, no matter what cigars I could have won. Blasphemous, probably...but that is my love for my boys. So here's a toast (wine in hand) to the BCS Championship game in about 45 hours and to the boys who will bring it home...the Crimson Tide!!
Melly Rammer Jammer!!

My wife talked me into going with Iowa tonight and Boise State last night. I should have listened to her more earlier in the bowl season.
rolleyes.gif

We have two games left; Central Michigan vs Troy State and of course Alabama vs Texas. Naturally my heart says Bama but my head is leaning toward Texas. Heisman trophy winners don't usually do well in bowl games...plus I understand Rolando McClain has the flu. I hope he's well for game time.
I've got an uneasy feeling that this game sounds like a replay of the 1992 championship game against Miami...only in reverse. It may sting a little to click the mouse in the UT slot but I may have to go with Texas on this one.
unsure.gif

Roll Tide anyway!!
You're in Birmingham; do you ever go to the Briary near Vulcan?

Apparently what I typed last night did not go through...I do not go to the Briary anymore...I go to a shop right up the street.... www.magiccitycigars.com

As for my boys...ROLL TIDE!!!!! They did me proud tonight and I am on a cloud!! I need to go be giddy then try and get sleep for work tomorrow LOL!!

HUGS!!

Melly

ROLL "Mutha freakin" TIDE!!

I hope you guys can pick apart my post...I tried to quote but did not get it separated...sorry...Not too cigarpass/computer savy tonight! LOL!

Melly

It was a good game tonight from what I can tell; I didn't see it, I'm at work. I was able to keep up with the score from ESPN and from e-mails from my wife.

Thanks for putting this together, Charlie. I know it's time consuming.

Looking forward to next year.

Roll Tide!

Good game, but disappointing to see McCoy go down. It was nice to see Texas put forth a comeback towards the end, but with McCoy out it was never really a game.

Alabama deserves all the credit in the world, they deserve to be the champions. However, I'm sure many will always wonder whether or not the outcome would have been different if McCoy had not gotten hurt. After he left, it didn't have a BCS Championship Bowl feel to it anymore.

Nonetheless, congrats to Bama.

Thanks for running the pool again Charlie.

Well congrats and enjoy the smokes!

I did a lot better then a thought I would and already looking forward to next year!
thumbs-up.gif

Thanks Charlie!

The spots that count:

1. StatHaldol 398
2. Brickhouse 397
3. Putz Mulligan 369

Congratulations to the two of you and lucky me, always a bride's maid, never a bride! Next year.

Thanks to everyone that participated!

Edited to add:

I am still awaiting the arrival of a few sticks. When they arrive I will be sending out some packages.......

I play a lot of these but I've never won. I let my wife pick the last three games. She picked teams I wouldn't have picked.

I told her if I won I would take her out to dinner; now I'm in a real delima...should I take her out for a "Brown Bag Special" at Sonic or give her free reign on the 99 cent menu at Micky D's???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I play a lot of these but I've never won. I let my wife pick the last three games. She picked teams I wouldn't have picked.

I told her if I won I would take her out to dinner; now I'm in a real delima...should I take her out for a "Brown Bag Special" at Sonic or give her free reign on the 99 cent menu at Micky D's???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Let her pick any cigar from the winnings and enjoy :whistling:

Thanks for running the whole thing Charlie, i have to clean up some feathers!
wink.gif

Thanks Charlie! That sucked but it was a blast!

can not wait for college ball to start back up!

All the sticks have been received! Winnings to go out by Friday if I am feeling better. Been hit by a nasty bug this week that has had me horizontal since Sunday.

Charlie

Just wanted to say thanks again to Charlie to running the pick'em this year and I canNOT wait until next year. i didn't win squat but my boys won the WHOLE DAMN THING!!!

Love and HUGS!!

Melly

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!