• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP FFL Cash League 2022- Year 13

I don’t recall if we discussed this or not, but with having a week 18 now, and 2 years in a row with week 14 byes, might be the time to consider changing the start/finish of the playoffs. Just a thought….

Oh and the Aaron Rodgers strategy is that he is secretly a Packers fan!!! 😀

Thanks to everyone that are not in the playoffs for not making waiver claims.

@Brickhouse , you are in first, have the best record, 2nd in points for and had the least amount of points scored against you....so I have to know what your strategy was for picking up Aaron Rodgers off waivers?? ;)

He’s a closet Rodgers fan.

But thinking about it, I’m guessing the Eagles sit Hurts for the last few games, to rest him. Maybe Wyatt wanted a backup, in case that happened.

I don’t recall if we discussed this or not, but with having a week 18 now, and 2 years in a row with week 14 byes, might be the time to consider changing the start/finish of the playoffs. Just a thought….

Oh and the Aaron Rodgers strategy is that he is secretly a Packers fan!!! 😀
We can discuss this, but in this ESPN league we do two weeks to a playoff round. So this first round is weeks 14&15, then the championship is weeks 16&17. We could also talk if we want to change that, but its been that way for a while now.

Oh stop. Too bad I have to find someone else to plug in for Watson, or I could pull out another win outta my ass!
HAHA! So true!!
Just so lucky to have your first playoff game playing Houston with the top defense in the league...

We can discuss this, but in this ESPN league we do two weeks to a playoff round. So this first round is weeks 14&15, then the championship is weeks 16&17. We could also talk if we want to change that, but it’s been that way for a while now.
Yes but the thing is, I think it’s been that way since before there was a week 18. So if you trying to avoid playing the last week, why didn’t we do it before?

In years past, nfl teams had a habit of shutting down their best players in the final week. But I think that’s less the norm anymore.

At any rate, if you do wells 15-16 and 17-18, I imagine it’s just as “fair” for fantasy teams to have to deal with week 18, as it is for them to deal with week 14 byes, during the playoffs.

I mean if it was 1 or 2 teams on bye, that might be ok. Might be. But there are 6 teams on bye this week. That’s an amazing amount of teams on bye during the first week of the playoffs. I contend that’s worse than a handful of teams resting their best players week 18.

The only saving grace is that this year almost all of the teams on bye are bottom dwellers. But there are still some very good players, 1st rd picks that won’t play.

If I am correct, week 14 byes didn't start till last year, so it is fairly new. And I am pretty sure I brought this up before the 2021 season in terms of what week to start the playoffs since we do two-week rounds. The bye weeks have been known since our draft and those in the playoffs have basically been set for weeks, so in my opinion it is easier to plan for replacements then worrying if you are ok to start Mahomes knowing he may only play the first half in week 18. If we were playing 1-week playoff rounds, then yea this would be unfair to have playoffs start week 14.

I am sure we can all discuss this option going into next year.

Haha since I’ve got nothing left to do, except beat you this week, I’d thought I’d bring it up. Don’t mistake it for general bitching, just starting the discussion early. :)

Obviously we are talking about a change for next year, not this one. :)

He’s a closet Rodgers fan.

But thinking about it, I’m guessing the Eagles sit Hurts for the last few games, to rest him. Maybe Wyatt wanted a backup, in case that happened.
@modo22

This is exactly it.

With the Eagles locking up their playoff spot very soon, I do not anticipate Hurts plays that much in the last two weeks.

I wanted to have a backup plan for QB in the 2nd playoff matchup regardless if it’s for the championship or 3rd.

It’s a double edged sword. Hurts was awesome, but they did so well that they won’t need to play their stars the last two weeks.

Rodgers, I’m hoping, will still be hungry those last two weeks.

@modo22

This is exactly it.

With the Eagles locking up their playoff spot very soon, I do not anticipate Hurts plays that much in the last two weeks.

I wanted to have a backup plan for QB in the 2nd playoff matchup regardless if it’s for the championship or 3rd.

It’s a double edged sword. Hurts was awesome, but they did so well that they won’t need to play their stars the last two weeks.

Rodgers, I’m hoping, will still be hungry those last two weeks.
Interesting…

Adding to the list we vote on for next year; Locking teams that are not in the playoffs from making FA or waiver moves. Its pointless, this is not a keeper league and there is no consolation prize.