• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cp person of the year contest

Double D

alphabetically challenged
I would like to propose a contest cp person of the year .The way it will work is this anyone can nominate someone other than there self but it will cost them two $5 cigars to nominate that person and they must state the reason why the nominee must be an established member with enough posts to get a feel for them as a person.

After all the nominations are in I will keep a list of who nominated who and what two cigars they are donating. The contest will start today and all nominations must be in by the 14th of January. On the 15th members can pm me there votes which I will post after the contest is over. Once we have a winner everyone who nominated some one will mail the winner the cigars they paid for the nomination. All votes must be in by the 17Th I will announce the winner on the 18th.

My nomination is Ginseng his posts are always thoughtful and I look forward to his reviews. My ante is 1 cohiba siglo 4 and one each partagas Dseries

Nothing against you, but I really don't like it. This site isn't about "1" person, it's about hundreds that make up the community. If you want to send Ginseng cigars, then so be it.

Person of the year to me would also mean that they were around for the entire year, not just 2 months.

Just my opinion.

It's about the community. Not just one person. Not a good idea.

But that's my opinion.
DG

bfreebern said:
Nothing against you, but I really don't like it. This site isn't about "1" person, it's about hundreds that make up the community. If you want to send Ginseng cigars, then so be it.

Person of the year to me would also mean that they were around for the entire year, not just 2 months.

Just my opinion.
[snapback]271521[/snapback]​

Thanks Tiara Boy, I accept your nomination.

:sign:

:cool:

As TiaraBoy stated, if you want to show appreciation for another member's contributions to this forum, by all means surprise them with a gift or organize a group "bombing" behind the scenes.

The member's who are most deserving of recognition are the least likely to want/need this type of public acknowledgement.

Leave this back slapping, reach around circle jerk nomination bullshit to the lesser forums.

NorCalCigarLover said:
bfreebern said:

Just my opinion.
[snapback]271521[/snapback]​

Thanks Tiara Boy, I accept your nomination.

:sign:

:cool:
[snapback]271528[/snapback]​

I sent you those Macanudos, so you should be good.

Double D said:
I would like to propose a contest cp person of the year .The way it will work is this anyone can nominate someone other than there self but it will cost them two $5 cigars to nominate that person and they must state the reason why the nominee must be an established member with enough posts to get a feel for them as a person.

After all the nominations are in I will keep a list of who nominated who and what two cigars they are donating. The contest will start today and all nominations must be in by the 14th of January. On the 15th members can pm me there votes which I will post after the contest is over. Once we have a winner everyone who nominated some one will mail the winner the cigars they paid for the nomination. All votes must be in by the 17Th I will announce the winner on the 18th.

My nomination is Ginseng his posts are always thoughtful and I look forward to his reviews. My ante is 1 cohiba siglo 4 and one each partagas Dseries
[snapback]271519[/snapback]​
:whistling: Just out on a limb winging it. ??? I gotta hand it to ya, at least you are trying to make light of people who are trying to make this site better. But even with a 2 stick entry to nominate someone, this is going to turn into a popularity contest in the end.

A lot of what it takes to be "CP'er of the year" has to do with what isn't said, what isn't posted, what transpires through PM's and phone calls. It has to do with accountability of self andothers. Without any guidlines but basic eligibility, it isn't anything but a popularity contest because people do not know what happens off the board in a private setting. Best of luck bro.
-Emo

all about community, agree totaly

Well i obviously made a mistake here and apolagize just thought to do something diffrent. However it seems i did not think it through sure did not expect this response so lets forget i ever sugested it and will send ginseng the cigars since i nominated him and i believe in sticking by my word.

Double D said:
Well i obviously made a mistake here and apolagize just thought to do something diffrent. However it seems i did not think it through sure did not expect this response so lets forget i ever sugested it and will send ginseng the cigars since i nominated him and i believe in sticking by my word.
[snapback]271537[/snapback]​
No need for appology as you did what you did in good faith and intentions. For that I commend you! But in general, we do things a little differently in this forum as opposed to others, that's all.

-Emo

DD,

I appreciate the kind regards. Honestly, I do.

But I would decline the nomination and the reasons are as the other botls have stated above. I'm still very much learning the ropes around here and I strive to contribute in a low key way and by example...as many of my friends and mentors here do.

If we should recognize anything, it should be the quality of the community in total. I feel, and I ain't afraid to say it, that this is the best cigar community on the internet bar none. That's why I've made it my home.

Sorry you got jumped on bro. I know your heart is in the right place and I think folks here will recognize that. Hell, I've made a career here out of screwing up and then apologizing. Calling Padron Serie 1926 "Annis" (thanks for the check CC86), outing Gael DeCourtivron as a dead man, posting contents of a bomb I got...and the list goes on. :rolleyes:

Wilkey

A noble idea but I am very much against it.

Besides, we all know that Neal would win this in a run away :laugh:

Ginseng said:
outing Gael DeCourtivron as a dead man,
[snapback]271546[/snapback]​

Still makes me chuckle (in a good way). Thanks for the humor Wilkey, my day sure needed it!

-D

I have to add my 2 cents in and agree with everyone else, as much as it is a noble thought this is a community and not about one person.

Now you bastards just talked everyone out of sending me a whole sh*tload of cigars, since I am the only worthy member to have won this anyway.
HappyBunnyAllAboutMeC10136583-vi.jpg

Matt R said:
Now you bastards just talked everyone out of sending me a whole sh*tload of cigars, since I am the only worthy member to have won this anyway.
[snapback]271590[/snapback]​

You are a dick for sure!