• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Server Speed

Has CP been more reliable, both speed and uptime over the past 5 days?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I can't tell

• Total voters

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I want to get some feedback on our new server. Please post here. I'm most concerned with the speed; does it seem faster than last week?

Thanks for your input,
Rod

Overall the speeds are beter than they were, but...

There are still timeouts occasionally, not as frequently, but they are there.
Chat has a heck of a lag at times, 5 seconds or more from the time you enter text until it is echoed on screen.

Up time has been perfect as far as I can tell.

Thanks for your efforts!

gandolf565 said:
There are still timeouts occasionally, not as frequently, but they are there.
Same here; still getting the occasional time out. After a time out, hitting "refresh" seems to load the page almost instantly. I've done a DNS flush; this feels like a routing issue more than a server issue from this end but that's a guess.

All good things take time, Rod - overall the server feels quicker and more responsive. Got to offer a sincere "thank you" for your efforts to make things better for all of us.... :thumbs:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

The hanging could be caused by the software. I'm going to upgrade the forum software soon. That should resolve the problem. We may also upgrade PHP to v5.

There is lag time in the chat room, more than there should be. The system seems to be more responsive in the sense that there is less lag time between click and page load. The actual page load times seem only marginally faster. The only hangs I encounter on a somewhat regular basis is when I actually make a post. Overall the system seems better off. May I ask what changes were made?

Emo

Moved to a new datacenter and we're no longer on a shared hosting plan. We are now on a dedicated server. The lag time can be caused either by the software or network routing. I'm going to upgrade the forum soon, and if we still experience lag, then I will have the NOC look into the routing.

Rod said:
The hanging could be caused by the software. I'm going to upgrade the forum software soon. That should resolve the problem. We may also upgrade PHP to v5.
[snapback]267501[/snapback]​
IPB 2.1 is not supporting PHP v5. You will need to wait until IPB 2.2 for that

Thanks for the heads up Mike.

Fast4Dr said:
Rod said:
[snapback]267501[/snapback]​
IPB 2.1 is not supporting PHP v5. You will need to wait until IPB 2.2 for that
[snapback]267594[/snapback]​

We're using it just fine with IPB 2.0.4

Today starting around 1100(maybe earlier) Eastern I noticed a huge latency. |It wasn't everytime I clicked on a thread, but more often than not. Almost every other site I visted during this time period seem to load fast. After the lag from clicking the link passed, the page loaded fast. So it didn't seem like a bandwidth issue, but more of a lod/responsiveness issue. Dunno, just my impresion.
Emo

For instance, after I clicked post on this response, it took close to 30 seconds for my response to be loaded into the thread and a refresh of the thread to load.

I've noticed this as well and am working to resolve this issue. It's been running very slow this morning.

Is that better? I just tweaked the sql settings a bit.

CPU is still being pegged. I'm working on it still, but glad you can tell a difference thus far.

Rod said:
CPU is still being pegged. I'm working on it still, but glad you can tell a difference thus far.
[snapback]271847[/snapback]​
Any idea why the sudden jump in proccesing, or has it been borderline lately?
Emo

Could be one of the scripts. Not sure. I disabled a few things, made some sql modifications. We'll see how it goes.

Rod said:
Could be one of the scripts. Not sure. I disabled a few things, made some sql modifications. We'll see how it goes.
[snapback]272114[/snapback]​
Whoa! I thought I got connected to a different board! Looks COOL!

Uhhh, nevermind... I guess I took to many drugs in my youth, flashbacks...

This may not be relavant to this thread, but maybe :)

I got the following error:

IPB WARNING [2] load_words(./lang/en/lang_global.php): failed to open stream: Cannot allocate memory (Line: 750 of /sources/functions.php)
IPB WARNING [2] load_words(./lang/en/lang_global.php): failed to open stream: Cannot allocate memory (Line: 750 of /sources/functions.php)

When I tried to load this message:

When I tried later (after copying the above info) to open the message everything was fine.

Just FYI...