• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CPFFL Year 5 we are full!

I might have a defense I would be willing to part with, but not for a rb...anything else interesting?

Nah.  Just looking for a cheap fix to get me by the BYE week. 

Time Zone question;
Is there a way to get ESPN FFL show the start times for the Central Time Zone?
I've looked around and made some changes but nothing seems to change. They are all displaying east coast times for me. 
G~

I don't think I have ever fielded a FFL Team that was so consistently inconsistent. 
Sheesh...
G~

sonuvabum said:
Time Zone question;
Is there a way to get ESPN FFL show the start times for the Central Time Zone?
I've looked around and made some changes but nothing seems to change. They are all displaying east coast times for me. 
G~
I think it can only be done in EST Gary.

What's up with the waiver order??
I haven't had a claim off the Waiver Wire since Sept 24. 
Last week I was ranked 3 in the Waiver Order, now I'm 9th. 
What the hell? 
G~

sonuvabum said:
What's up with the waiver order??
I haven't had a claim off the Waiver Wire since Sept 24. 
Last week I was ranked 3 in the Waiver Order, now I'm 9th. 
What the hell? 
G~
ummmm.....you dropped J. Bell and picked up the Bears D/ST remember?

Jonesy said:
There was only one other transaction after yours last week which is why you were 9th and not last.

Brian, that's not right.
My last move was a FA trade.  They weren't on waivers. 
I intentionally waited until after the Waiver period to make the Bell so as to preserve my waiver order. 
Now I've missed the Andre Williams trade. 
You only get bumped down when you take a guy off waivers. 
Wrong, wrong, wrong!!
Damnit!!
Wrong. 

Free agent moves are not subject to waivers. 
They are first come, first served. 
The only time waiver order is affected, is when you get a guy off waivers, period. 
This from ESPN FFL;

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/resources/help/content?name=waivers-and-free-agency-custom
WAIVER ORDER
The waiver order determines which team has the first chance to claim a player off waivers. Below are the two options available in custom leagues:
  • Reset Each Week to Inverse Order Of Standings: This is the default settings and if selected the team in last place will be reset to first in the waiver order (and so on for each team's league rank) each week during the season.
  • Move to Last After Claim, Never Reset Order: If selected the waiver order does not reset on a weekly basis.
Regardless of which option is selected, after a team makes a waiver selection that team is shifted to the last waiver position.

I would add further that the idea of waiver order is to give everyone an equal shot at players who are on waivers, not to penalize a team for simply making a FREE agent trade.

More from ESPN...

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/content?page=fflruleswaiverwalk

Unclaimed players not acquired during the waiver period become free agents and may be picked up on a first-come, first-serve basis without affecting a team's waiver position.

Google waiver wire strategy and you will find countless instances of discussions on saving Waiver Priority for the big pick when you need it by waiting until after the Waiver period and utilizing the Free Agent Market. 

When you mentioned a while back about ESPN not calculating the Waiver Priority correctly and you having to change it manually each week, I had no idea this is what you were doing. 

Sorry Gary, but this is how I've done it for the last couple of years. I usually go in on Tuesday and adjust the waiver order according to who has made pickups throughout the week, including the initial waiver pickups on Wednesday morning. I've done this because we've had people that would sit out the waiver period, make 2 or 3 pickups in the FA period and then turn up 1st in waiver wire order the following Tuesday. To me, this wasn't fair either.  This has been done each week of the season and not just recently. If I wasn't consistent with it, then you're right, it's not fair. But the waiver wire system I used is actually more fair than how ESPN has it set up. It's not punishing anyone for making a FA pickup, it just keeps someone from being able to make wholesale changes through the week and still end up at the top of the waiver wire for the following week. This is why I've also set up a limit for transactions through the year. This is a custom league and with that comes custom rules, changes, and settings. There is no more of an advantage for anyone doing it my way or the way ESPN has it set up, so both ways are equally fair.

I was 7th on the waiver wire list this week, put in 2 claims (Williams and the kid from San Diego) and I missed out on both so it didn't just affect you.

If this seems to be a problem, we can vote on it and if the majority feel the way you do, I'll let ESPN handle the waiver wire settings instead of resetting it the way I have for the past couple of years.

Disagree, but your league, your rules. 
You are the commish. 
So be it. 

Your premise for re-ordering the waiver order would be okay if not for the limit on total acquisitions for the year.  That limit pretty much precludes your managers from making wholesale changes each week because they can't afford it.  To me, an either or... but not both.  Limit overall trades and the let waiver order work normally, or force the waiver order each week and let the managers have at it trade-wise. 
The way it is now, teams ARE penalized especially when faced with a week of multiple injuries or Bye week players. 

Like I stated earlier, if this is something that needs to be fixed and the majority agree on it, we'll change it. I'm all for making the league as enjoyable and easy to play as it can be. I've done this the past couple of years and it's not been a problem, but if it makes the league better, then let's vote.

Are we voting on something? I just want to make a trade!!

Fwiw, every league I have been in always has some waiver rule I don't like. And 95% of them no one makes any trades, which I don't like.

I don't purport to have a better way, but in the league I run, we give priority every week to the worst teams. It's a pita, it's complex at times but it works for us. If we make changes its usually in the offseason unless the change is so important we have to do it mid season. That determination comes down solely to the commish alone, to put it up to a mid season vote, or in some cases to just make the change.

I will say that I'm going to win this thing and defend my championship no matter what is done, I just need to figure out what piece to get from Brian to do so! :p

So I guess what I am saying is I have a stable of rb for sale...and I'm looking for help at wr. I figure this was the proper strategy since Brian is forcing me to play 3 starting rb...ha! :)

That's what I plan on doing next year Tony. Going to the waiver system where there team in last place has priority in the waiver process. I think that's a fair way to do it and will give those teams a chance at moving forward. Gary has shown me the flaws in the current system, so there will be changes for the next season.

BTW, you can't have Cobb! :laugh:

I neeeeeeeed me some Cobb though! Be a pal! Cmon! :)

I know u want kben.....He is a panther!!!!