• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigar 101" Newbie Pass 5

I can't do that to John. Him and John has something special. I saw them dressing alike holding hands in Central Park the other day.

ok....after much debate and deliberation I have decided on these puts and takes:

Takes: #22 My Father #4
#23 Nub Habano

Puts: Padron 1926 serie #35
AF Short Story

ok....after much debate and deliberation I have decided on these puts and takes:

Takes: #22 My Father #4
#23 Nub Habano

Puts: Padron 1926 serie #35
AF Short Story

Woo hoo! We have our first T/Ps up! Please, everyone keep in mind this is a learning pass and the more participation the better. I really want to see pass members posting thoughts/having discussion on T/Ps. So, anyone have thoughts on Alan's? :)

These look ok to me. How close to equal are we trying to get? I f the aim is to be as close to zero as possible then I think he could do better as both are overputs the Padron especially.

These look ok to me. How close to equal are we trying to get? I f the aim is to be as close to zero as possible then I think he could do better as both are overputs the Padron especially.

You typically want to leave the pass better than you received it :thumbs:
But since this being a newbie pass, by the time it reaches the end, some of these newbs won't be able to participate. I have a $1.25 which isn't too bad. I'm with this P/T and of course on the other one: GET THAT NUB OUTTA HERE

1.25 on a $5 or less smoke is actuall quite a lot. Don't get me wrong I am ok with the puts just like you said if everyon follows those trends then by the end of the pass you better have some $25 cigars to put in the pass. JMO take it or leave it.
blush.gif

Good stuff guys! I like it! :D Couple things, let's keep the Take/Put format uniform throughout the thread, example:

Take - #22) My Father #4
Put - #41) Padron 1926 serie #35

Also, try and give some information on how you came up with the Take/Put, example:

My Father No. 4
Cigars Int'l - $215.95
Famous - $215.99
Holts - $215.95
Total $647.89 divided by three gives avg box price $215.96 divided by tot cigars (23) gives $9.39 a stick.

Padron '26 No. 35
Famous & Holts - $256.80 divided by cigars (24) gives $10.70

So, anyone else have thoughts on Alan's Takes/Puts?

looks ok to me since he didn't snag any of the stick i am eying.

I second that theory! The only problem I see is that there would be two AF Short Stories in the box.

I didn't catch that. You can't put in a double. Unless Greg says is alright.
And if you two knuckleheads take any of the smokes that I have my eyes on, I'll stab you guys with my new cigar spike

I think it looks good. Except for the AF.

looks ok to me since he didn't snag any of the stick i am eying.

I second that theory! The only problem I see is that there would be two AF Short Stories in the box.

I didn't catch that. You can't put in a double. Unless Greg says is alright.
And if you two knuckleheads take any of the smokes that I have my eyes on, I'll stab you guys with my new cigar spike

Yea you can try. But it still comes down to who is first. :laugh:

Hey Greg, I downloaded the Excel file to keep track of T/P's, but when I open it the cigars all moved down 1 line due to the 1st line belonging to the Column Heading. Alan's number 22 shows up at 23 as so forth. Do you have a solution for this for the rest of us that are using the file on our desktop?

Dave

or am I being a big too anal? :laugh:

I had a brain fart :blush: carry on

Back