• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigars 101" Newbie pass 3

Alright here is my proposed takes and puts-

Take- (#36) La Aurora 1495 Belicoso
Put- (#51) Punch Punch ISOM

Take- (#41) Tatuaje Cojunu 2003
Put- (#52) Monte #2 ISOM

Take- (#47) Tatuaje Reserva SW
Put- (#53) Cohiba Secretos Maduro ISOM

Let me know if I am way off base or this is unacceptable because I will be glad to change.

Step

Sorry man, no ISOM's allowed in this pass.

Step Listen.... if these happen to be just burning a hole in your humi I'll gladly PM my addy. :whistling:

Como estan amigos. The "Goodie Bag" looks like it is on its last leg in California heading up to Step in the Northwest....very nice!!

Jonesy, the contest winner will soon be revealed...looking forward to it.

Here in Paradise...invited a freind of mine to watch Dom. Rep vs. Venezuela Serie del Caribe game last night and he brought along a few surprises:

1998 FFOX Double Corona (10 yrs.) and a little Presidente cerveza!

It was safe to say we enjoyed a great night of baseball!

Be Well All,
Larry

SWEET! :cool: Well....... I'm jealous!

To be honest, I have not smoked many "specialty" cigars (nor have I seen) and could not tell you the different flavor profiles between aged cigars. I know there are so many great cigars out there to be enjoyed, and running into this smoke was like popping my "cherry"...wow that sounds kind of naughty!

I know the crazy atmosphere, cold Presidente, and bueno amigos added to the enjoyment of this experience...but I don't know if I will ever taste a better cigar! Then again, the great thing about trying new cigars is I might find something more enjoyable.

Cibao

Put- (#52) Monte #2 ISOM

Let me know if I am way off base or this is unacceptable because I will be glad to change.

Step

That is kind of funny because when I joined this pass I was told you could. Which is it? I will gladly change them, but I am not quite sure why I was told I could?

Step

Alright lets try again takes and puts-

Put- (#51) Opus X perfecxion #5

Put- (#52) Diamond Crown Maximus Payramid #3

Put- (#53) Opus X Double Corono

Step

#8 in the first post

8) Since this is a 101 pass, no ISOMs are allowed in the pass.

Put- (#52) Monte #2 ISOM

Step

That is kind of funny because when I joined this pass I was told you could. Which is it? I will gladly change them, but I am not quite sure why I was told I could?

Step
Not sure who told you there would be ISOM's allowed in this pass because this is something Khari and I discussed before the pass started. There is a simple reason for this....this is a newbie pass and it's easier to keep out the possibility of fakes being entered in the pass. For most this is their first Cigar Forum and don't know what to look for or how to indentify a fake, or even know if a vendor is reputable. I know you had Wilkey check yours, but we don't know if everyone else's are good or not.

Got ya. Do you think these new puts and takes are alright. I know Kari will decide, but do they look acceptable or do I need to replace any?

Step

Thanks Jonesy!! I went back through and read, which is what I should have done in the first place. Sorry for any confusion, just wanted to give some other newbs a chance at my ISOMS. Again I will take the idiot award for the pass!!

Jim

Thanks Jonesy!! I went back through and read, which is what I should have doen in the first place. Sorry for any confusion, just wanted to give some other newbs a chance at my ISOMS. Again I will take the idiot award for the pass!!

Jim

The great thing about joining a Newb Pass is the fact that there is NO "idiot awards"...it is all a learning experience for us all! For one reason or another, we all can learn so much for future endeavors. Heck, I tried to swap a $7.50 cigar for an $11.00 smoke....not on purpose of course...but by NOT doing FULL due diligence.

I'll swap with ya anyday my friend.

Well said, Larry. We're all learning the way to participate in a pass. No idiot awards here!

I guess I was also under the impression we could only swap 3 sticks, can we swap more? There is a couple of more I would like to try. Also Khari are my swaps posted above good so far?

Step

Yup. Trades look good. You can swap more. What else ya got in mind?

I was thinking about the Don Pepin Black Label and the Zino Platinum Lowrider. I have never had either, so thought they looked interesting. Any feedback?

Step

Feedback? Nope. I look forward to hearing your thoughts about them though. Let me know what you're trading for them.

Thanks Jonesy!! I went back through and read, which is what I should have done in the first place. Sorry for any confusion, just wanted to give some other newbs a chance at my ISOMS. Again I will take the idiot award for the pass!!

Jim

Larry's right. No idiots here, everybody's just learning. I think a few of us have made mistakes so far, including myself.... it's all just a part of the process. I think it's been great so far. I've learned so much from the time this pass started until now. I'm just glad to be a part of it all. The suspense of waiting for this box is KILLING me!!!!!

I've learned so much from the time this pass started until now. I'm just glad to be a part of it all. The suspense of waiting for this box is KILLING me!!!!!

Amen to that. We're getting close. Starting to really think about what my puts are going to be. Khari's already nixed the chewgar and Jonesy won't allow White Owl's.

Well I think I got the pass today, but was not notified of it being sent out. Was the pass sent to me? I am in two passes so just want to make sure. If so I will go through it and get it back on the road ASAP. Can someone let me know if this pass was sent to me.

Step

Yes - I PMed you and you responded to me.

Inside the package there is a folder with a copy of Khari's first post. If it's not there, it's not this pass.

Edit: Formatting

Well I think I got the pass today, but was not notified of it being sent out. Was the pass sent to me? I am in two passes so just want to make sure. If so I will go through it and get it back on the road ASAP. Can someone let me know if this pass was sent to me.

Step

My fault, boy I am losing my mind because I remember your PM now!! Sorry guys!! I have the pass and will get it handled!!

Step

Gave me a jump for a moment! The pass continues :) Enjoy! :thumbs:

My fault, boy I am losing my mind because I remember your PM now!! Sorry guys!! I have the pass and will get it handled!!

Step