• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigars 101" Newbie pass 3

Please tell me your joking..... he's joking right?
Yea...it was the mandatory hazing....sorry Bro! :laugh:

I deserve it. Just thinking that I haven't smoked a white owl since I use to split'em open, dump the tobacco out and...... well it's been a long time! ;)

One quick question about the contest, which is a great idea by the way. Seeing as how it has to travel through L.A. from one locale to another, do we count the trip to L.A. just once in calculating the miles or somehow figure for travel through the city from one location to the next?

Sorry guys, I'm just learning to read. My question was actually answered in the fine print of the contest rules, therefore my guess is...........

7972 miles!

Not an issue. I've committed several fuax paus' myself and I've only been on the site for a month.

DeVonn ....welcome to the group! I've met a few guys in this pass already and it's been laughs all around.

Khari...not trying to suck up to the teacher (but yes the apple on your desk is from me), let me know when you would like my P's & T's to be reviewed as it sounds like the pass is going to start here shortly.

Ciao,
Larry

Thanks cibao...... I know what you mean. I really like the vibe of our group here so far. What a bunch of characters!

Good, because it has officially started. Cibao33, I sent the package Fedex Ground. It'll get to you Friday. Tracking no. 580347610008547.

Get your guesses in for the contest! Time's ticking...

By the way, you can post your puts/takes any time now, Cibao33.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinda feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to get here.

Nice! I'm ready for this :) I'll have to do some calculations before I toss in my contest guess...

Kinda feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to get here.
x2 :thumbs:

Interesting, indeed. In fact, it'll be our first contest question! The person who comes closest to the total distance covered by this pass (As stated by Mapquest) from the time it leaves my house until the time it gets back to my doorstep gets a 5er!

My guess is 8022.14159 miles. That pass is longer than anything Brady could throw. :)

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please.....

I have a very important announcement to make........ CANNONBALL!"

Puts & Takes:

(P) Ashton Cabinet #7 ( 6 1/4 x 52 ) (T) San Cristobal Classico

(P) La Aurora Preferido #2 Cameroon ( 5 x 54 ) (T) LFD Factory Press II

(P) Cabaiguan Guapo (Limited) ( 5 5/8 x 54 ) (T) Tatuaje Verocu 2 Red Label

I know these need to be reviewed, so I will wait to hear back.

Larry

Okey-dokey...

I'll say 7,847 miles.

You guys do know that 47 is the most common number you will run accross, right? But I warn you, don't start looking for it, it will haunt you the rest of your life!!!

Steve

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please.....

I have a very important announcement to make........ CANNONBALL!"

Puts & Takes:

(P) Ashton Cabinet #7 ( 6 1/4 x 52 ) (T) San Cristobal Classico

(P) La Aurora Preferido #2 Cameroon ( 5 x 54 ) (T) LFD Factory Press II

(P) Cabaiguan Guapo (Limited) ( 5 5/8 x 54 ) (T) Tatuaje Verocu 2 Red Label

I know these need to be reviewed, so I will wait to hear back.

Larry

Here's my take on the situation.....

Ashton Cab #7 - San Cristobal Clasico...GOOD
La Aurora Preferidos #2 - LFD Factory Press II NO GOOD ~$7.20 FOR ~$12
Third one, you'll have to tell me about the Guapo Limited. The Guapo goes for ~$8.3 and the Verocu #2 is standard $10

Thanks Jonesy...let me adjust. Thought I did my homework with th information given...maybe I shouldn't have skipped 3rd grade math! I'm working on it.

Khari and Jonesy,

I have some questions and instead of PMing you guys I figured I'd post it here just in case anyone else was running into this issue. I was trying to look up a bunch of sticks on the list using the links you provided in the initial post in the thread. The problem is that some I've looked up so far aren't on any of those sites. What do we do under these circumstances? How do we determine fair value? I mean I found one site that lists the msrp for an anejo no.50 @ around $7 :0 ..... now that's just ridiculous! That's about 1/2 of the cheapest I think I've ever gotten one for. Then I found another site that's seling them for almost $30!!!! :0 Again.... insane! Just looking for some direction here. ???

Khari and Jonesy,

I have some questions and instead of PMing you guys I figured I'd post it here just in case anyone else was running into this issue. I was trying to look up a bunch of sticks on the list using the links you provided in the initial post in the thread. The problem is that some I've looked up so far aren't on any of those sites. What do we do under these circumstances? How do we determine fair value? I mean I found one site that lists the msrp for an anejo no.50 @ around $7 :0 ..... now that's just ridiculous! That's about 1/2 of the cheapest I think I've ever gotten one for. Then I found another site that's seling them for almost $30!!!! :0 Again.... insane! Just looking for some direction here. ???
Something like anejo's, you won't find a good price on. You have to go by MSRP and then add in rarity which can be a funny thing at times. I got the 50's this year for $10 a pop, but that doesn't mean you will. These are subjective trades that ultimately the host has to approve. He may have bought an anejo 50 for $15, but he certainly can't expect to get that in a trade. I would look for something in the $10-$12 range to trade for one. Remember one thing with a pass....you always want to leave a pass better than you found it. Meaning, don't try to go to the penny on a trade, but don't go overboard either (like putting in a $15 stick for a $8 stick) or if the beads need rehydrating, rehydrate them.If the box is beaten up, replace it if you can. Rarity is a hard thing to understand at times, but I'll link a few topics to help you guys with it.

Brian

Cigar Pass Primer

Anejo and Opus MSRP's

I got a box of 50's for about $13 a pop. The price of those is all over the board because they are not all that easy to come by at this point.

Just a quick reminder. Contest closes in a little less than 13 hours!

Sorry for the mis-hap of MSRP shopping....here's my revised P's & T's listed to be approved:

(P) Ashton Cabinet #7 (6 1/4 x 52) (T) San Cristobal Classico

(P) Tatuaje Havana Cazadore (6 3/8 x 43) (T) Tatuaje Verocu #2

(P) Graycliff Profesionale President (7 x 48) (T) LFD Factory Press II

Larry

Thanks guys.... appreciate the info. Yeah I think I paid $13 for mine. Wow Khari.... I can't believe you were able to get a box. Some guys have all the luck! :)