• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigars 101" Newbie pass 3

Nope. This is really pissing me off. I couldn't get off work in time today to stop by the post office. I am going in early tomorrow, so I will be able to stop by and see what if anything can be done. I really don't understand what could possibly be the reason a package sits for an entire week. I am starting to think maybe it was damaged or stolen or something. I'll let you guys know. Wish I had better news.

Steve

There has to be a logical explaination. Even if there might have been a foul up with the shipping address for whatever reason, USPS would have Chris's return address. Doesn't make sense. But then again, we are dealing with a government agency.

Hang in there, Steve.

John

I agree that it is absolutely foolish for the box to sit there for a week.

It is too big to have fallen behind a shelf.

It is too heavy to have escaped from sight (a la "helium balloon")

It does not contain illegal material (see news article about the guy arrested yesterday for UPS shipment)

So, I'm not real sure what is going on. I too have been very busy at work. If I get a chance, I will go to the Post Office today or tomorrow to inquire as to what has happened to this precious little box.

Please try to keep us updated on the status of the shipment so I don't go into the Post Office in fully "PO'ed" mode, only to find out the box arrived safely (just late).

Cheers,
Chris

Ok, well, I finally found some time to take an hour of vacation to have the free time to go to the post office before they close.

The guy told me there was probably a hang tag on Steve's door and that I should call him to check the door and drive to the post office in Federal Way. When I told him that this is not likely because it was sent to Steve's business, the postal clerk looked bum-fuzzled while he thought up another excuse.

Then he said it might just be at the post office. I said that's fine, but I paid a lot of money for Delivery Confirmation Priority Mail and my customer (a.k.a. Steve) should not have to drive to Federal Way to get the box. He said he would see what could be done.

So, the guy went in the back and disappeared for about 5 minutes. Then he came back to the front counter and wrote Steve's address on a sheet that he printed off. And had me write my name and phone number on it. As I wrote on it, I looked at what had been printed off. It seemed to contain the same information that I had reported on the 26th from my home computer.

So, I'm not sure what will happen. I will wait until tomorrow afternoon. If I have not heard from them, I will drive down to Ann Arbor and see what the deal is.

Sorry I don't have better news, but I think we should prepare for the possibility of a lost box. Unless Steve can find the gumption to drive to Federal Way and investigate from that end. I'm not sure what to do. Please advise and I'll do everything I can from my end.

Thanks,
Chris

Here is the latest, which isn't much... I went to the Federal Way PO. A complete waste of time. The package was never there, but it goes to the PO distribution center in Fed Way, then goes out from there. At this point I think it is lost or misplaced or something. I called them up and issued a lost item claim. I am not exactly certain what they will do other than try to find it. They said they would call me back tomorrow with more info. Hopefully it has just been overlooked and it will turn up when they start looking. I'll keep you all posted. (pun definitely intended!) Steve

All I can say is Wow!! I hope they find that box!! Good effort trying to find it guys!!

Step

Just out of curiosity..... what is the protocol, if any, if by some chance it turns out that the pass box is indeed lost? Does anyone know? I did a search on it but haven't found anything yet.

There's no question it should have been there by now, but let's wait and see what the PO finds out, if anything. Sometimes these things just get slowed up.

I claimed the value of the box at $499.99. Hopefully, if it is really lost, they will at least refund the money to me or Steve. If that does happen, my intention is to go to my B&M with the money and come up with as close as a suitable replacement as possible.

I really hope this is not the case though. I feel wretched about this and truly hope that the box shows up.

Maybe it is just delayed due to heavy processing times or too many Boeing airplanes going across the bridge?

Needless to say, Chris and Steve have done everything they could. Has something like this ever happened before?

Khari, would the CP Insurance fund cover this if the box is lost and USPS refuses to pay the claimed value? I understand that the fund will replace the sticks, as close as possible, rather than the cash value, correct?

I didn't hear from the PO, but I did track it again and it says it has now been sent back to Michigan! Chris, I expect you will be seeing the package before I do! Maybe today you can check around at your end.

Steve

No one should feel bad about this as it not the fault of any pass participant. Unfortunately it's just one of those things. I actually do not believe the box is lost. I'm fully confident that it will turn up sooner than later, I'm guessing before the end of next week . The question I posed was merely for informational purposes.

Well, kinda good news. The box is back at my house.

There is a sticker on it with the "Refused" box checked.

I'll wait to hear from Steve if there is another address it can be shipped to or not.

I opened her up and everything look safe (even after that missile shot the postal employee did with it). I re-moistened the beads and will ship it somewhere on Monday. I just need to know where.

I will be able to sleep tonight at least.

Amen.

Chris, that would be a bunch of bull if you have to pay to have the box reshipped.

So did anybody pick an April date for the box to reach Jonesy? :D