• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigars 101" Newbie pass 3

Sucks to hear it didn't reach Nicmert but I'm ecstatic that the box isn't lost! Steve? Whaddayawannado? Where to?

Well, here is the deal. I sincerely doubt that the package was refused. I simply do not believe it. I wanted it shipped to my company for safety, rather than have it sitting on my porch. I have done this many times over the years I have worked there and never had any issues. I have worked there for eight years and Everybody knows who I am. There is no way anybody would have refused the package. I guess we could do one of 3 things. First if we want to trust the PO again (not sure I do) we could either ship it back to my work or try my house. If we send it to my house, I would insist on a signature so it won't be left on my porch. 3rd option would be to fedex it to my work. We get many packages every day from them and that should work out fine.

I would really push to have the PO ship it for free since it was their F-up.

What do you guys think would be best?

S

Though in theory it would be great to have the USPS ship for free, I highly doubt they will. I would go FedEX. Just m.02 which is about what it is worth.

Step

Chris said the the 'refused' box was checked. I would love to see the documentation that USPS has that says who refused it. Like Steve said, packages arrive all the time at his work site, so I seriously doubt anybody there refused it. Sounds like a cover up to me. I also seriously doubt USPS will reship for free. At least we have the box back and the cigars are still okay.

Should be interesting when it gets shipped from Washington to PA.

I've been putting some thought into this. Here's what I've come up with.

Request: Steve, could you double check with your shipping department to make sure that on some day (probably the 22nd or 23rd) that a "strange box from Michigan" wasn't accidentally rejected? Maybe someone was out sick that day or there's a newb in the shipping area?

Actions so far: I looked at FedEx ground website. It seems it will cost about half what I paid for the USPS to send the box to Steve. However, I'm not sure if this includes a tracking number or not. This would be my preference only because I've already paid $25 to send the box to myself. However, it will take an extra day to ship it out because of my schedule on Monday and the location of the FedEx place in relation to work.

I have double checked with Steve to make sure the address was correct. It was, so that's not why it didn't make it. So I don't know what else can be done except shipping it again.

According to the above information, here's my plan in a short summary:
Monday: Steve checks with shipping dept, replies to the board about status
Tuesday: Chris ships to Steve via FedEx Ground
Friday: (Hopefully) box arrives at Steve's work

If this is ok or not, let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

Sounds like a good plane to me Chris. It is interesting FedEx is cheaper, I would have thought it would have been more. I also think you get a tracking number standard with FedEx. You probably have to pay for a signature though. I'll check with my work once again to make sure nobody refused it. I would be willing to be that if someone did that it would have shown something on their tracking website to that effect. I think they just screwed up. Chris, why don't you PM me your address, I'll send you something to help cover your hassles here.

Lets get this Pass back on track!

Steve

You do get a tracking number with Fed Ex. You can even verify who signed for the package and the time of arrival through their website. I've wondered why USPS seems to be the shipper of choice for CP.

In case anybody missed his thread - Khari's getting married!

Chris, are you just going to FedEx it to my work? I think that would be the best option. I checked around and no one I asked had rejected any packages.

Congrats Khari!

Steve

Yes, I will FedEx Ground it to the work address.

I'm really confused as to what happened now. It must have been solar flares, the lunar eclipse, or just typical USPS activities.

I'll get 'er out today.

Cheers,
Chris

wow...congrats Khari! I am getting married this year too!

My God, it's contagious! Congrats to you as well.

Sounds like the genesis of another pass. One open only to those poor souls who are getting married in the next 12 months. Just a suggestion.

Thanks, guys. A "getting married" pass? You could be onto something, there!

Hey Chris,
What's the latest with the box?

I just got back from FedEx after shipping it out. It went FedEx Ground for about 1/3 the cost of the USPS. However, they only let you claim $100 value (instead of $500 at USPS) and it takes 5 days to get there (about the same as USPS).

Anyway, the FedEx Ground tracking number is: 4688 1701 0042 704

ETA at Steve's Work: Monday

I sure hope it gets there this time.

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks for the update, Chris, and thanks for participating!

Well, it made it to Toledo. I hope it gets further than that.

And I sure as (bleep) hope it doesn't come back, or I'm keeping it. :)