• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CRA update regarding Lousianna defeated smoking ban.

EricDriscoll

CRA Ambassador # 175966
Just want to keep all in the loop about the CRA's continuous battles that are going on!

Also please refer to my call to Arms thread anytime to help support! http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=58428&st=0&p=878770&hl=call%20to%20arms&fromsearch=1&#entry878770

Louisiana: Proposed Statewide Smoking Ban - DEFEATED!

Just moments ago the Louisiana House Health & Welfare Committee convincingly killed (on a 9 to 3 vote) Senate Bill 348. This essentially settles and defeats virtually every smoking ban measure proposed in Louisiana this year. Although Senate Bill 334, which would ban smoking in bars only, still sits on the senate floor, we can safely say it is on "life support".

This now becomes the second victory in less than one year after House Bill 844 was defeated in June 2009.

This victory came from the efforts of many individuals, businesses, and organizations. On March 26, CRA launched a nationwide communication campaign and called its members to action. Many letters and phone calls were made and CRA would like to thank each member for their efforts.

Additionally, CRA would like to thank the Louisiana Association of Beverage Alcohol Licensees for their partnership and support in defeating these bills. CRA would also like to thank its partners at the Louisiana Amusement Music Operators Association and the Louisiana Gaming Association.

It is this type of coalition building that has enabled a successful victory like this...and more in the future!

YAY!

They've been advertising the heck out of this bill on local television...I'm glad to see it defeated.

Honestly, I'm all for non-smokers' rights to clean air...but the proposed ban on smoking in bars really takes it too far, IMO.

Hopefully they can be victorious over the ridiculous tax increase Paterson wants here in NY.

Thank God... it's always nice to hear about a victory. Seems like there are fewer and fewer these days.

CRA, keep fighting the good fight!