• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Crazy UFC PPV Price Breakdown

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
I didn't compile this, but it appears accurate. Current 2023 PPV prices are $79.99 -- a full $15.00 more than the last time I paid for a UFC card several years ago. On top of that, you must have an ESPN+ subscription. This is just insane:

"It’s technically $90 because the ppv is $80 and you have to have a $10 ESPN+ subscription. Going to go off an tangent but just look at how insanely expensive it is to follow this sport in the States.

13 ppvs a year at $80 = $1040
1 year ESPN+= $120
Average cost= $1260 a year or $105 a month

Fun Facts
-Every main card fight is $16.
-UFC ppvs cost approximately $27 per hour.
-Using the most recent ppv as an example, every minute of actual fight time cost approx. $1.70.
-For the cost of 1 UFC PPV you could get a month of Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Disney+, ESPN+, Apple TV, and Amazon Prime video. That’s access to thousands of hours of entertainment. (emphasis mine)"

I didn't compile this, but it appears accurate. Current 2023 PPV prices are $79.99 -- a full $15.00 more than the last time I paid for a UFC card several years ago. On top of that, you must have an ESPN+ subscription. This is just insane:

"It’s technically $90 because the ppv is $80 and you have to have a $10 ESPN+ subscription. Going to go off an tangent but just look at how insanely expensive it is to follow this sport in the States.

13 ppvs a year at $80 = $1040
1 year ESPN+= $120
Average cost= $1260 a year or $105 a month

Fun Facts
-Every main card fight is $16.
-UFC ppvs cost approximately $27 per hour.
-Using the most recent ppv as an example, every minute of actual fight time cost approx. $1.70.
-For the cost of 1 UFC PPV you could get a month of Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Disney+, ESPN+, Apple TV, and Amazon Prime video. That’s access to thousands of hours of entertainment. (emphasis mine)"
It’s hard to believe they can sustain viewing at those prices.

There are ways to get discounted/free subscriptions through different means and methods like cell phone carriers or credit card billing credits. If you can find a way to offset the ESPN+ then you're just paying for the PPV.

Or.....you can go full pirate and try to find a free stream.

And the events are a half hour of nothing, a few minutes of fight, a half hour of nothing. I you break it down into actual fight minutes per dollar, it really sucks.

There are ways to get discounted/free subscriptions through different means and methods like cell phone carriers or credit card billing credits. If you can find a way to offset the ESPN+ then you're just paying for the PPV.

Or.....you can go full pirate and try to find a free stream.
I'm just 100% against the "Pay for the opportunity to pay for a PPV!" model, on principle. Even if they were still $39.99 (man, I remember those days!), I'd not subscribe and buy. Way back when UFC events were broadcast on the American Forces Network (AFN) overseas. I'm hoping that this is still the case and can tune in again when we get to Spain next month. If not, I'm not currently missing it at all. I stopped trying to watch via "alternate methods" some time ago, as I just lost interest.