• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Credit Card Processing company cut me off

Isy...Is the new company charging you the same merchant transaction fee?

I have no idea yet. Whatever it is, I don't have many choices. There aren't too many companies out there that will continue to process what they consider to be "high risk" charges.

Isy...Is the new company charging you the same merchant transaction fee?

I have no idea yet. Whatever it is, I don't have many choices. There aren't too many companies out there that will continue to process what they consider to be "high risk" charges.

Isy,
What is the high risk here? Are there many customers who call to complain about purchasing tobacco? Or are there upset parents inundating the CC companies with complaints over their hoodlum children buying off the internet? OR is the government cracking down on underage tobacco sales and putting the squeeze on the CC folks?

PJ

PJ...I think it's more of the "We gave you all this money and this is the way you'll do business." Tobacco is very political these days, although it IS a legal product being consumed by adults. "F" them. They ain't shuttin' me down, brother. If these assholes don't want my money, there are plenty of people out there that will gladly take it. My new guy checked with their underwriter and everything is good. We won't have this problem again. If and when this should come up again, we'll figure something else out. Meanwhile, here's some advice for EVERYONE...

Buy some AMEX gift cards with any cash value, since you can always add cash to them. The cards have NO name on them, so feel free to use these cards for ALL your tobacco purchases. I have one, and everyone else should have one too. And if you should use cash to load them, even better. That way, NONE of your CCs are tied to the gift card.

I can't believe how ridiculous and political the tobacco industry is getting! Sounds like you have been able to solve your problem Isy and I'm glad it will work out for you. Take care and keep fighting the good fight.

I can't believe how ridiculous and political the tobacco industry is getting! Sounds like you have been able to solve your problem Isy and I'm glad it will work out for you. Take care and keep fighting the good fight.

Thanks...and nice picture, you motorboatin' SOB! LOL!

Damn that sucks so much Isy.. I hope they haven't caused you too much grief. :angry:

AMEX gift cards HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

Thanks for the tip Isy, I'm glad you found a way to stay in business regarding CC sales.