• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Credit Card vs. Check/MO

If you could get low cost cigar accessories by NOT using a CC and having to order with either a Chec

• Yes, I would be willing to save money by using a check or money order to order my cigar accessories.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'd rather pay a bit more and use a credit card.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Just want to get some feedback. It's my goal to offer you guys with quality cigar accessories at the lowest possible price. My question is, if we only accepted checks or money orders and lowered the prices on the items, would you be more inclined to purchase your accessories from CP?

Please answer honestly. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rod

Great idea Rod! I've been doing business without accepting credit cards for over 4 years. If I did take CC's I'd be forced to raise my prices by %5....3% to handle the CC fee and 2% for all the additional paperwork I'd have to do.

I get stung for a few hundred dollar every year with dirtbags that don't pay for thier beans, but everyone else is as honest as the day is long.

My only issue with checks would be the time it takes them to clear before shipping the products, if you were to hold the order until the check cleared. I am not sure if that is your intentions but I would think so on some high dollar items.

Good to hear Jerry!

Shiba - Checks clear much faster than they used to with the new Checks 21 law. Checks are now cleared electronically, much faster than before.

Bottom line is, credit card company's don't protect the merchant the way they should. One main reason is because of all the fraud that goes on these days.

I'm leaning towards only accepting checks/money orders. The buyer will definately benefit from this.

I like the thought of saving money, but hate the thought of explaining why I wrote another check for "miscellaneous" cigar stuff!! :rolleyes:

If I can save a buck writing a check, that's what I do. I like the convenience of the CC if it's free, otherwise I don't mind waiting a couple of days for the check to clear. Waiting for the stuff is half the fun.

DT

Rod- What about an e-check? I don't know if there are fees involved with this but it makes it the best of both worlds.

-D

I'll look into that. I'm going to keep the credit card processing in place for now. We'll see how it goes. Seems there is actually quite a bit of interest in it. I'll continue to post specials in the forum every once in a while as well. :)

Thanks for all the work you do Rod, the site is always getting better. You are offering some great deals here and when I come up with a need this will be the first place I will look to give my money to. As far as payment goes, credit card is much easier and more convenient IMO.

Wes

I'm certainly not wealthy, but I don't mind paying for what I want. I do buy frequently online and I want instant gratification. I'll pay an extra 5% or so for the credit card.

I do NOT use a check or money order unless I know the vendor. Lucky you, rod.

If you'd use only checks and MOs that would rule out me as a customer

Me too. I don't know how large your international base is and whether it is worth it.

Anyway, great site. Good luck and happy smokes

Rod said:
Shiba - Checks clear much faster than they used to with the new Checks 21 law. Checks are now cleared electronically, much faster than before.

Thanks Rod... I was not aware of this. I guess I am stuck in the old days. LOL

Hey if I don't use my credit card I don't travel at the end of the year. LOL

Ekans said:
[snapback]284214[/snapback]​

MidGe said:

Me too. I don't know how large your international base is and whether it is worth it.

Anyway, great site. Good luck and happy smokes
[snapback]284218[/snapback]​

I'm sure something could be worked out for the international members of CP.... If Rod couldn't do it, then I'm sure someone else could help ya out.

Rod..... what about offering a discount to the individual person who uses a Check/MO..... ie: Take 5% off the price if you send a Check/MO.... or add a % to the person who uses a CC....

Personally...... I don't care either way..... I might not be able to buy something as quickly if I had to send a MO..... I m ight have to wait a week or two.....

We'll leave everything as is for now. Thanks for the input.