• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Critique my first purchase

scubasailor

Purchased my first cigars yesterday. Was looking for something mild and affordable for now. Hope to get in on one of the passes soon but for now taking it slow.

A new cigar smoker here. Smoked my first cigar (in 25 years) a couple of weeks ago in Mexico. Supposedly a Cuban(Romeo?). Not sure. But I did enjoy it. Have been thinking about trying another one and passed by a cigar shop on Sunday.

While the wife was visiting a few of her favorite stores I decided to stop in at the cigar shop. Purchased a few to get me started. Olivia G, Olivia Connecticut, Cuban Rounds Claro, Torano (casa), Perdomo Fresco. Enjoyed the CR Claro while at the shop and had a good discussion with the owner about cigars in general. What do you think about my choices? Wanted to stay inexpensive to start out.

I will be in Cozumel Mexico again in a few weeks and hope to purchase a few cigars to enjoy while on the island. Anyone have any pointers to be sure I am getting true cubans and not counterfiets? Not trying to bring any back just want to enjoy while on the island.

Thanks

Purchased my first cigars yesterday. Was looking for something mild and affordable for now. Hope to get in on one of the passes soon but for now taking it slow.

A new cigar smoker here. Smoked my first cigar (in 25 years) a couple of weeks ago in Mexico. Supposedly a Cuban(Romeo?). Not sure. But I did enjoy it. Have been thinking about trying another one and passed by a cigar shop on Sunday.

While the wife was visiting a few of her favorite stores I decided to stop in at the cigar shop. Purchased a few to get me started. Olivia G, Olivia Connecticut, Cuban Rounds Claro, Torano (casa), Perdomo Fresco. Enjoyed the CR Claro while at the shop and had a good discussion with the owner about cigars in general. What do you think about my choices? Wanted to stay inexpensive to start out.

I will be in Cozumel Mexico again in a few weeks and hope to purchase a few cigars to enjoy while on the island. Anyone have any pointers to be sure I am getting true cubans and not counterfiets? Not trying to bring any back just want to enjoy while on the island.

Thanks

In order to avoid fakes, you will need to hit the la Casa del Habano. Unfortunately, this will conflict with your "inexpensive" requirement.

Will

I've enjoyed the Oliva G, Casa Torano, and Oliva Connecticut.

You might like the Fuente Cameroons like the Hemingway line. When I first started smoking cigars I smoked many Fuente Brevas at around $2 and Fuente Rothschildes at $4. Also, I liked the La Gloria Cubano Wavell for less than $5.

All this talk of Oliva and no mention of the Oliva V? They're relatively inexpensive and taste sensational!

Thanks for all the advice.

Just found out there is a la Casa del Habano now on Cozumel, Mexico. I will be fun to look around there when I go next month.

And I did a newbie trade that should be here by Monday.

I think you would find the Brickhouse robusto an outstanding choice! Usually under five bucks and a hell of a smoke.

I like those choices for sure. I agree I am surprised not to see any Series V talk. That is one of my less expensive favorites. For me a solid $10-12 stick is the San Cristobal

Oliva V and San Cristobal do not fit a newbie mild-medium
preference. They are xlnt smokes for a more medium-full.

The Newbie Sampler Trade is the way to go.

IMHO, the Olivas and Casa Torano are very good selections.
For a good milder Perdomo try the 10th Anniversary Champagne.

Chemyst :cool:

Back