• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Crown Royal Reserve

engspot

Covered in Paint
I picked up a bottle of Crown Royal Reserve when I was coming home from a business trip back in March. I've been saving the bottle until my son was born and before I knew it I had forgotten I stashed it away and finally got around to opening it up last night.

I opened the gold box, removed the bottle from its velvet sleeping bag and poured off a couple fingers into a rocks glass. I sipped it and have to say it was much smoother than I expected. My wife doesn't drink whiskey but she had a sip and her face lit up.

I remember when I bought the bottle it was about $30-35 at the duty-free, but I have to say it's quite an upgrade from the normal Crown. The lady at the register gave me a whole story about how they choose the best barrels and age it longer and each barrel will taste different so I gave it a shot and I'm glad I did.

I's recommend this to someone looking for a good Canadian whiskey.

I always seem to find them at great prices in the PX and it's one of my favorite Canadian whiskies too. One or two small ice cubes and a mild-medium Havana....nothin' better! :thumbs:

The Cask No. 16 is also VERY good, if you don't mind paying a little more for it....it's worth it!

The Cask No. 16 is also VERY good, if you don't mind paying a little more for it....it's worth it!

This right here! I've been very much enjoying this a couple nights a week. I've been a Crown man for a long while and this is my top favorite.

People should drink what they like, but the only thing I've found good for any Canadian whiskey is a high ball.

Doc.

If 30-35 dollars is a good price point for you check out 4 Roses. They have a Small Batch and a Single Barrel that was rated very high by CP most experience connoisseur. I've enjoyed both very much and have been able to find them locally for the past year or so. Shoot me a PM if you have any trouble finding some or if you want to get together for a smoke.

I'll have to put 4 Roses and Cask No. 16 on the shopping list next time I need more brown liquor. Thanks for the suggestions.

I'll probably have to restock on the CR Reserve while I'm at it.

Good liquor evaporates quickly!

Have you tried Crown Royal Black? To paraphrase the most interesting man in the world, I don't often drink Canadian Whiskey but when I do, I prefer CR Black.

I myself haven't sampled the Crown Royal Reserve. I will look for it next time I am in the bar to see if I can get a shot.

I need to go get another bottle of CR Black...that stuff was great. I also love Cask 16 and buy it anytime I see it on sale.

4 Roses Small Batch is definitely a must buy. It's just as smooth and has a bit more flavor than CR Reserve.

I love CR Reserve. But lately I have been drinking regular or black (whatever is on sale). I got a bottle of Cask 16 for my birthday, and have only had two glasses out of the bottle, very good and I don't want to run out and not be able to afford another bottle...

If 30-35 dollars is a good price point for you check out 4 Roses. They have a Small Batch and a Single Barrel that was rated very high by CP most experience connoisseur. I've enjoyed both very much and have been able to find them locally for the past year or so. Shoot me a PM if you have any trouble finding some or if you want to get together for a smoke.

Not a huge fan of Canadian Whiskey or Bourbon but Four Roses is one I could drink any time. I was completely shocked at how good it was. Unfortunately down here where I am at the booze selection isn't to good and forget about any quality of micro beers. :(

Not a huge fan of Canadian Whiskey or Bourbon but Four Roses is one I could drink any time. I was completely shocked at how good it was. Unfortunately down here where I am at the booze selection isn't to good and forget about any quality of micro beers. :(

You're in Houston now right? There should be a Specs on every corner and from what I hear they have good selections. They should have Four Roses...we get it up here in Dallas. The micro beer should be decent as well although it's not like the midwest. We at least get Brooklyn and Boulevard limited releases. Plus Saint Arnold is in Houston and they have decent beer. There are more micro breweries on the rise in TX that I'm very excited about like Jester King.