• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Crypto Currency

You can put them in whatever coin you want if I'm not mistaken. Just make sure you drivers license isn't expired, if you sign up Lol
Oh it’s one of those things? Probably have to send them a picture of your ID or something?

I know they have to do stuff like that, but really makes me shy away from it.

Oh it’s one of those things? Probably have to send them a picture of your ID or something?

I know they have to do stuff like that, but really makes me shy away from it.
Yes you do need to send a photo id and personal info. It’s required by the federal government as the buying and selling of crypto is like securities/stock trading. Uncle same wants their cut if you win

Yes you do need to send a photo id and personal info. It’s required by the federal government as the buying and selling of crypto is like securities/stock trading. Uncle same wants their cut if you win
Of course they do lol. Thanks for the info!

If anyone is interested in learning a little about Ethereum. The second largest cryptocurrency. Here is a great video from the main guy I follow and actually subscribe to for information about the current crypto market.

I completely agree with your forecasts for these cryptocurrencies. It seems that now we need to buy Cardano as much as possible because it will increase in a year or two, as bitcoin did at the time. I hope that I will have time to buy something worthwhile on this wave, and after some time, I will be a rich man who invested money in the right place. So far, I am engaged in trading, and I can afford to study the topic of cryptocurrencies at a calm pace. Download MetaTrader 4 if you also want to have a stable income while you study/ work or want to do trading

I wish ADA did hit 10/coin...I've got a few thousand and I'm currently about 50% in the red atm.

I understand less than zero about crypto currency but I know that the proponents arguments are simply crazy. The basic reason I think it is a gimmick and doomed to failure is this cult-like acceptance that if you forget your password, you're screwed. How do those believers think that the servers, which monitor their accounts, exist? Who maintains those servers? Who updates the accounts? Who monitors the software to make sure it doesn't run amuck? The servers that house the account information simply can't be vaporware, there has to be a program, the "cloud" isn't just "out there somewhere", it's simply internet access to bigger, faster, servers that exist somewhere.

I just don't want any of my brothers here to get hurt!

This was a long, but interesting, read.

Is crypto currency a fraud? <<<< Link

Last edited:
I understand less than zero about crypto currency but I know that the proponents arguments are simply crazy. The basic reason I think it is a gimmick and doomed to failure is this cult-like acceptance that if you forget your password, you're screwed. How do those believers think that the servers, which monitor their accounts, exist? Who maintains those servers? Who updates the accounts? Who monitors the software to make sure it doesn't run amuck? The servers that house the account information simply can't be vaporware, there has to be a program, the "cloud" isn't just "out there somewhere", it's simply internet access to bigger, faster, servers that exist somewhere.

Legendary investor Charlie Munger calls crypto a giant Ponzi scheme and compares it to venereal disease! Tell us how you really feel there Chuck!

Crypto should be banned.

I don't know if I am explaining it right, but I heard on NPR an explanation of crypto and where the information is stored. It is not any one server but is stored on the servers of everyone who owns some. Kind of like one big Excel Spreadsheet we can all work on. And with Bitcoin, the idea that one is created every so often until a fixed number is out there just confused the heck of me. But is it any worse than our Fiat currencies ?

Problem with bitcoin is itll never replace fiat despite what all the nerds may say. A dollar is always worth a dollar. Yes it may buy less as it value falls, but it will always be a dollar. BTC flauctates far too much to ever be a global currency.

Some NFL guy signed a contract getting the majority of his pay in BTC. Its value plummeted and he made 200k/year instead of millions (if I remember right!)

It's just not feasible.

Hell some country tried it and its failing massively.

Idk how this is even a thing anymore.

There's no global currency of anything without China on board. And they're not.

Look at all the new celebrity commercials for crypto in just the past year. Tom Brady and Matt Damon had to have been paid a fortune to do lousy crypto ads (as in, USD).

But that's how Ponzi's work.

You pay a fortune to a few who will squawk about it the most. And it's always the loudest right before the entire thing collapses.

Madoff would be proud.

How does one know the value of whatever crypto currency they own? Be it, Bitcoin, or Ethereum, or whatever?

How does one know the value of whatever crypto currency they own? Be it, Bitcoin, or Ethereum, or whatever?
It moves about like a stock price. There is market value that can be checked like a stock too. Coinbase is a website that deals in crypto and current values can be veiwed there.

It moves about like a stock price. There is market value that can be checked like a stock too. Coinbase is a website that deals in crypto and current values can be veiwed there.
So, do crypto owners have any place they can see the value of what they own or do they just know (think) that they own xx.xxx doo-hickies and have to do the math to see what those doo-hickies are worth?

And if I want to sell you a little bit of my doo-hickies, how do you know that I actually own them?