• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuaba and Vegueros?

ulster

There are two cigars that I just don't see anything about in the forums - Cuaba and Vegueros.

Anyone love or hate theses? Do they have similar taste profiles to any others? Are they hard to find?...expensive? not that great? Why don't see much about them.

These two intrigue me the most out of the ISOMs for some unknown reason - maybe they just have a mystique to them since I rarely see much about them.

Thoughts?

Hi Ulster

Cuabas have a very nice flavor however I have always had problems with the contruction of these on the smaller sizes so i have stayed away. The Vegueros do nothing for me very light flavor alittle ceder. Not very satisfying if you like medium to full bodied cigars. However, I do have a cabinate of 25 belicoso's. MMM has a picture of the cabinate on his pinned thread. I have been told there were 500 made. I have never seen another one. Has anyone ever seen one on the shelf anywhere? I have humidor number 183. I am dying to try one but I cant bring myself to break the lot. These are probably better than the No1s and 2s but that ain't saying much IMO.

Bob

I've heard good things about the Cuaba. Several were traded in the Jazz pass. Can't confirm first hand like CC and cigar_smoke.

They seem to have a nice price point compared to other habanos. They are not as expensive as some of the bigger names, and of course are in my favorite figurado vitola!!

Quade

Cuabas are delicious gars! I've had the Distinguido and it was unbelievable! Can't say about the Vegueros as I've not tried one, yet.

Darren

Thank for the input.....I may just have to break down and try some....

Been looking at the exclusivo. Not sure why these over others, but something about them is calling me :rolleyes:

Not much about the Vegueros. Wasn't aware that they are on the mild side....I do prefer more medium to full.

Thank for the input.....I may just have to break down and try some....

Been looking at the exclusivo. Not sure why these over others, but something about them is calling me :rolleyes:

Not much about the Vegueros. Wasn't aware that they are on the mild side....I do prefer more medium to full.

I have been getting my pant all tight over ordering some also. If you decide to pull the trigger, PM me and we can talk (unless you want a whole box for yourself :D ) I would be partial to the Generosos or Tradicionales though. But, hey, we can talk!!

Quade

Cuabas are delicious gars! I've had the Distinguido and it was unbelievable! Can't say about the Vegueros as I've not tried one, yet.

Darren

Yup! Wholeheartedly agree about the Distinquidos! Reminded me very much of the Vegas Robaina kinda flavor - very nice, full flavored.

Not a fan of the Vegueros - I've only smoked two and am not tempted to try them again. Very mild - the flavor and construction reminded me very much of the Guantanamara Cristales (cheap).

I've never had a Vegueros, but it's my humble opinion that Cuaba may well possibly be the most under rated Cuban cigar I've had. Someone mentioned above he's had some construction issues with the smaller ones. If you call a butt-ugle wrapper a construction issue, then I think you'll have that with all Cuabas (or at least all that I've seen). That being said, I haven't had one unravel, or split, or burn real wonky.

I've never had a Vegueros, but it's my humble opinion that Cuaba may well possibly be the most under rated Cuban cigar I've had. Someone mentioned above he's had some construction issues with the smaller ones. If you call a butt-ugle wrapper a construction issue, then I think you'll have that with all Cuabas (or at least all that I've seen). That being said, I haven't had one unravel, or split, or burn real wonky.

Hi Newfie

I should have been more specific with reguard to the cuabas. I've had many that were pluged, this is due to the very narrow taper that these cigars have( on the smaller sizes). My experience with these are if you cut too little off the head the draw is restricted. On the other hand they may unravel if you cut too much in attempting to correct the draw.

Bob

Hey Jim, do you have any of those Divinos left from that box? I smoked my last 2 in the past couple weeks and wow...really blew my socks off. I mean, they were pretty good fresh, but were a little firm on the draw. After a year of sitting in the box they are amazing. I actually prefered the Divinos that I smoked to the PAM I smoked immediately before hand.

Hi Newfie

I should have been more specific with reguard to the cuabas. I've had many that were pluged, this is due to the very narrow taper that these cigars have( on the smaller sizes). My experience with these are if you cut too little off the head the draw is restricted. On the other hand they may unravel if you cut too much in attempting to correct the draw.

Bob

So you guys do like the Cuabas? Hmmmmm .... I did have a box at one time but gifted them to a BOTL before trying them. I'll have to give these a try sometime, thanks for the information.

:cool:

Hi Newfie

Bob
Personally Bob, I haven't had one plugged, maybe I've been lucky. I think they're less than popular maybe because they're so fuggin' butt ugly!! I have only smoked maybe a couple of dozen, of which a dozen or so were the Divino's (can be mistaken for an AF SS).

Hey Jim, do you have any of those Divinos left from that box? ....snip
Hell no!!!! Cuaba's were on my list November past, but no store I was in had a full box of any size.

So you guys do like the Cuabas? Hmmmmm .... I did have a box at one time but gifted them to a BOTL before trying them. I'll have to give these a try sometime, thanks for the information.

They are great. Like I said, I really think they're severely under-rated. Drew says they're good with age, and I agree with him they were great fresh, and the singles I had in Cuba were very enjoyable. Butt ugly, but awesome to smoke.

Hi Newfie

Bob
Personally Bob, I haven't had one plugged, maybe I've been lucky. I think they're less than popular maybe because they're so fuggin' butt ugly!! I have only smoked maybe a couple of dozen, of which a dozen or so were the Divino's (can be mistaken for an AF SS).

Hell no!!!! Cuaba's were on my list November past, but no store I was in had a full box of any size.

They are great. Like I said, I really think they're severely under-rated. Drew says they're good with age, and I agree with him they were great fresh, and the singles I had in Cuba were very enjoyable. Butt ugly, but awesome to smoke.

Hi Newfee

Glad to hear your experience was a positive one. I was not so fortunate. The divinos and tradicionales that I have had a high % that had plugs and burn problems. When at their best they are quite good.

Bob

Hi Newfie

Bob

Hi Newfee

Glad to hear your experience was a positive one. I was not so fortunate. The divinos and tradicionales that I have had a high % that had plugs and burn problems. When at their best they are quite good.

Bob

I have never had a Cuaba burn badly for me, however a buddy of mine smoked one with me that he picked up. A couple inches in and there was a little "ball" of tar on the head. It looked horrible. He said it was tasted fine, but clipped it again and the tar went away.
It was almost scary looking...the ball of tar was about 1mm in diameter on the tip of his smoke. The rest was fine for him though. I think it might be due to the fact that it was stored at a fairly high 70+ RH.

And Jim, that last Divinos I smoked back to back with a PAM. I love PAMs, but I liked that Divinos a fair bit more than the PAM. Too bad that was my last Divinos from that box. :angry:

I think they both suck but in thier own unique ways. I have a box of Cuaba Solomones and am not impressed at all. I also have a box of Cuaba exclusivos and they taste like earwax, they actually made me gag (no they are not moldy). As for the Vegueros, no explanation needed! :laugh:

I think they both suck but in thier own unique ways. I have a box of Cuaba Solomones and am not impressed at all. I also have a box of Cuaba exclusivos and they taste like earwax, they actually made me gag (no they are not moldy). As for the Vegueros, no explanation needed! :laugh:

Now this was the type of review of these that I expected :laugh: , but you guys that like them have made me curious about the Cuaba's again.