• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuaba and Vegueros?

Love the Distinguido, Salamon and Exclusivos...... and the divinos are some of the tastiest little smokes I have come across.

I haven't got to taste many Cuabas, but with age they really take on a very nice medium-bodied flavor. The Salomones are particularly very good.

And I'm apparently in the minority of people that actually like Vegueros! :laugh: I completely understand why others don't like them, but I enjoy them early in the morning. Have some Especiales No. 1 with some age that have a wonderful, subtle flavor profile to them. Hell, anyone got some they don't want anymore, I'll buy 'em! :thumbs:

as you might expect the cuaba and the vegueros are really apples and oranges.

in regards to the cuaba, the divinos and the generosos are popular, value cigars. though we have not had any issues with construction problems, they are most often compared to puros de campos, or farm cigars because they are strangely inconsistent and often aggressive, as if they were put together with random samplings of tobacco. my favorite in the line is the salamon, a well balanced cigar with a more moderate, pleasant taste profile then it's smaller brothers. of the diademas i have smoked, i was not impressed. a monster of a ciagr, it comes in boxes of 5 coffins and is wrapped in foil. often with many dead spots, it is more of a conversation piece than a smoker's delight.

to me, the vegueros are a fascinating cigar. the #1 is a long, toothy smoke, enjoyed better fresh than aged due to its tendency to go from mild-minty to a hint of musty. it often seems that one in 10 are plugged, although that might be an abberation. it is best enjoyed by those who long for a different lancero, and are looking for a one dimensional 2 hour smoke. it has the ugliest label i have seen on a cuban cigar. not for the casual cc smoker. it would not surprise me if, many years from now, they become collectible, if only because they are rarely sought after now by collectors and many full boxes with age remain available.

in regards to the cuaba, the divinos and the generosos are popular, value cigars. though we have not had any issues with construction problems, they are most often compared to puros de campos, or farm cigars because they are strangely inconsistent and often aggressive, as if they were put together with random samplings of tobacco. my favorite in the line is the salamon, a well balanced cigar with a more moderate, pleasant taste profile then it's smaller brothers. of the diademas i have smoked, i was not impressed. a monster of a ciagr, it comes in boxes of 5 coffins and is wrapped in foil. often with many dead spots, it is more of a conversation piece than a smoker's delight.

to me, the vegueros are a fascinating cigar. the #1 is a long, toothy smoke, enjoyed better fresh than aged due to its tendency to go from mild-minty to a hint of musty. it often seems that one in 10 are plugged, although that might be an abberation. it is best enjoyed by those who long for a different lancero, and are looking for a one dimensional 2 hour smoke. it has the ugliest label i have seen on a cuban cigar. not for the casual cc smoker. it would not surprise me if, many years from now, they become collectible, if only because they are rarely sought after now by collectors and many full boxes with age remain available.

Welcome to CP Drew. :D

Could you tell me anything about the Vegueros Marveas or the Seoane? There seems to be little to no information on these two vitolas.

Welcome to CP Drew. :D

Could you tell me anything about the Vegueros Marveas or the Seoane? There seems to be little to no information on these two vitolas.

I'll let you know in a few weeks. Another BOTL is buying a box of the Marevas and I'm getting a fiver off of him.

If anyone has a fiver of either of these (any size) they could part with let me know. I'd like to give them a try.

Drew, welcome to CP. We really do appreciate proper grammar (i.e capitalizing sentences) as it keeps the forum looking clean and professional.

As for Cuaba's, I recently had a Divinos with my morning coffee and loved it, though the draw was considerably tight.

Drew, welcome to CP. We really do appreciate proper grammar (i.e capitalizing sentences) as it keeps the forum looking clean and professional.

As for Cuaba's, I recently had a Divinos with my morning coffee and loved it, though the draw was considerably tight.

I will do my best to comply.

Back