• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuban Adventures, Inc.

icyo

Just got an interesting discount offer with these guys. They are a Canadian travel agency that takes U.S. Citizens for an all-inclusive guided tour of Cuba.

Was just wondering if anyone here has traveled with them and what your experience with them was.

TIA!

icyo

It was my understanding that, as a US citizen (assuming you are), even going to Cuba via another country was illegal except for State Department authorized humanitarian trips or to visit family that are Cuban nationals.

Maybe some others more familiar with this can correct this info?

I agree. But apparently, the agency gets you a tourist visa and it gets stamped rather than your passport.

SOunds very interesting for US citizens if it works.
Let us know more if you find out anything else.

icyo said:
I agree. But apparently, the agency gets you a tourist visa and it gets stamped rather than your passport.
[snapback]295387[/snapback]​

Cuba is ok with letting people in with American passports? I only ask because a buddy of mine got stopped for a REAL long time at Cuba customs because he had a TN Visa to work in the U.S. that was stapled into his Canadian passport. He got a bit freaked out by it but eventually they let him in.

alexgtp said:
SOunds very interesting for US citizens if it works.
Let us know more if you find out anything else.
[snapback]295402[/snapback]​

I see no reason why it wouldn't WORK. Whether or not it is legal for a US citizen to take part in activities NOT sanctioned/approved by the US governemnt that would involve bringing money intot he Cuban economy.....that's a different question. Can it be done? Sure. Would it be a truly wonderful trip? I'm sure! Would it be a terrible place to need to use your health insurance, or call for the help of your country? Oh yeah.

I'm an expert by no means but I’ve been told Americans get treated very well in Cuba. I've also been told Mexico is far more dangerous for Americans then Cuba is.

I think they get around the "spending US money" there by having all meals, transportation, tours, hotel, etc. paid to the agency before you get there.

The only thing this doesn't cover is tips, alcohol, gifts.

They say 85% of their business is US citizens.

anyone game? we can plan a group trip. That way it is safer to travel.
If they dont let us back into canada we can just set up shop in CUBA..LOL!

I dont kow how all that stuff works but on my yearly trip to Costa Rica my contact there told me I could go to Cuba from there and it would never show on my passport.He made it sound really easy and he takes many Americans over there and they love the trip.

They don't stamp passports in Cuba, but they do look at them carefully. American credit cards and cash do not work, so you would have to exchange everything over beforehand, to CUC. Bringing back cigars into the states? not a good idea, but i am guessing this is the idea: you enter Canada, and tell Customs your visiting Canada (which you are). You leave Canada, go to Cuba, and return to Canada. Then, when you return to US customs, you state you were in canada, which is the truth. Just make sure you wear lots of sunscreen! :cool: the tan might give it away :p

alexgtp said:
anyone game? we can plan a group trip. That way it is safer to travel.
If they dont let us back into canada we can just set up shop in CUBA..LOL!
[snapback]295423[/snapback]​

Sweet. I'm in. WHen do you have in mind?

boy oh boy! i just wish fidel would croak and get this bs over with! it's been my dream to go to cuba for a long time, but not going to take a chance on anything stupid happening. ymmv! :cool:

sack said:
boy oh boy! i just wish fidel would croak and get this bs over with! it's been my dream to go to cuba for a long time, but not going to take a chance on anything stupid happening. ymmv! :cool:
[snapback]295745[/snapback]​

There's no guarantee that Castro dying would suddenly change anything in Cuba...

I agree with Zeeb.

Also consider this: do you think that you would enjoy the cigars you enjoy now from Cuba if the floodgates were kept wide open? I would guess that you would pay much higher prices and that the quality may not be the same. Just a thought. That's why I smoke NCs ;)

I am totally for going.
Anyone down for a trip next year?

I can see it now at Customs in Cuba. Be asked..."State your name and purpose for visiting Cuba." Reply with..."Name is Mr Peat and I'm here to smoke as many cigars as I can."

Been wanting to head there for many years now and probably will eventually. This jsut gives me an idea to think about for a trip next year.