• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuban chewing tobacco?

moki

el Presidente
Has anyone else seen this before? Very interesting...

monte_ryj_chew.jpg

I was in a few tobacco shops in Cuba March past and didn't see any. But then again, I don't chew, so I wouldn't have been looking for it.

If you wish, I can try to hook you up with some when I go back this fall.

LMK.

Found a site that sells it. Looks like it's a Scandinavian thing. Same site also sells tobacco gum with "tobacco flour" in it. What will they think of next.

I'd be interested in a buying/trading for couple of tins of each, either full or empty. Haven't chewed in years, but the tins are kinda cool.

Edited to say not looking for a trade any longer...

Very cool. The Swedish are the worlds greatest users of snuff/snus. I think the use rate among men there is something like 85%, if I remember the stats I read somewhere on the net. I have tried the Swedish stuff on occasion, I normally use Copenhagen between cigars, and it was very nice.

I would love to try the Cuban tobacco version.

Swedish snus is a bit different from American dip, since the tobacco is steam-cured rather than fire-cured. I very occassionally use dip (works better than No-Doze if you have to stay awake, something soldiers learned a long time ago when up on those long fire guard watches). I too am curious if Cuban tobacco would make for a good chewing tobacco and how exactly they make theirs, whether more like the Scandinavian stuff or like American chewing tobaccos.

EDIT: I found a vendor that carries it and it IS snus made for the Swedish and Norwegian market.

Interesting, I often wondered if anyone made Cuban pipe tobacco???

OutlawD

i have seen cuban pipe tobacco...partagas and la escepcion...not very common but you see it now and again.

derrek :)

I've got to try some of this one day, seeing as I come from a long line of chewing tobacco.

Nice avatar!!! I need to get my *hit together and make one.

Yeah, anyone want to split an order of this snus??

Nice avatar!!! I need to get my *hit together and make one.

Yeah, anyone want to split an order of this snus??

If anyone wants to do a group buy, I'd be down for a tin or two as well. I'd do it myself, but I'm already hosting three over on CW, so I'm a bit swamped right now.

Looks like everyone will have to get their own, they are limiting orders to one car per person, at least for now. :angry:

I found the site and ordered one of each. I will let you know how it turns out. Pretty cheap and super cheap shipping.

I will order one of each. let you know if its any good. i don't chew, but will give to my better half's dad who actually grows his own tobacco and makes his own chew.

I will order one of each. let you know if its any good. i don't chew, but will give to my better half's dad who actually grows his own tobacco and makes his own chew.

If anything, I really don't care how these taste. I just love the tins. They will be cool to keep afterwards.

Would anyone be so kinda as to LMK where a Canadian friend of mine can buy these products online? Muchos Gracias!

i would like to obtain a tin or two, as i am new, i will need help to get thru the routine,being a newbie to this forum but having been an old timer on one of the first forums many years ago, maybe someone will remember me, i have no problme paying up front to help establish a positive record.

thanks

Kurt holz

Growing up in West Virginia hillbilly country, I have had my fair share of snuff (though I have never been a regular user). I orderd a few tins of this and I am really excited to see how good ol' Copenhagen stacks up to these new blends. Plus it is called snus which adds to my endless amusement over anything that comes from this part of the world(Ikea)!

I try not to chew, but this may be a little too good to pass.

Even if I get rid of it, I'm keepin the tins.