• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuban cigar sales up

broblues

planning and plotting
Link

I just read sales are up 2% YOY. Even at that low increase in production I have had some poorly constructed sticks. Doc....you may be right. :whistling:

This is really not too hard to believe. HSA continue to consolidate its line-up, and the quality has never been better.

Cheers
Drew P

Hell...prices for Habanos have been steadily climbing, and if Habanos can get a 2% bump up in dollar sales while selling fewer cigars, then they must be happy as pigs in Sh#t.

That's based on dollar sales.

I wonder what the total item sales were?

I was thinking the same thing, the Cohiba Behikes and Gran Reservas were very recent, 1 box of each equals $2069 for 15 GRs + $387 for 10 Behikes = $2456 for 25 sticks.

That's the equivalent of 12.5 boxes of Monte #2s.

The numbers behind what Cohiba raked in off of their new stuff must be disgusting in comparison to everything else.

That's based on dollar sales.

I wonder what the total item sales were?

I was thinking the same thing, the Cohiba Behikes and Gran Reservas were very recent, 1 box of each equals $2069 for 15 GRs + $387 for 10 Behikes = $2456 for 25 sticks.

That's the equivalent of 12.5 boxes of Monte #2s.

The numbers behind what Cohiba raked in off of their new stuff must be disgusting in comparison to everything else.

Yes...but in the grand scheme of things the Reservas and Behikes are so small in number on a percentage basis, that they shouldn't really skew the bottom line .

Does anyone know what the market for cigars that are legally available to US residents is? I wonder how Nicaragua, Honduras, DR, etc combined compare to the $368M Cuban market. I know there is a lot of speculation that when/ if the embargo is lifted the demand for Cubans will skyrocket and the quality will decrease. I'm sure that is true to an extent. I know that the US is a huge market, but I wonder how we really compare to the rest of the cigar smoking world. I am fairly uneducated in the world outside of the US but my understanding is that non-Cuban cigars are fairly uncommon in markets where Cubans are legal.

I hope this post doesn't run afoul of any of the forum rules. If it does I will happily delete it.

This whole forum is set up for discussions about this....as long as you don't discuss sources. There have been several threads on this subject in the past.

Does anyone know what the market for cigars that are legally available to US residents is? I wonder how Nicaragua, Honduras, DR, etc combined compare to the $368M Cuban market. I know there is a lot of speculation that when/ if the embargo is lifted the demand for Cubans will skyrocket and the quality will decrease. I'm sure that is true to an extent. I know that the US is a huge market, but I wonder how we really compare to the rest of the cigar smoking world. I am fairly uneducated in the world outside of the US but my understanding is that non-Cuban cigars are fairly uncommon in markets where Cubans are legal.

I hope this post doesn't run afoul of any of the forum rules. If it does I will happily delete it.

I think this is a great question. If you consider that the US cigar market tops all other markets in terms of volume and $$$, I'm sure the "domestic" market rivals the Cuban market. Whether it's 10% of the overall market or 50% of the overall cigar market is the question.

Could have fooled me. CC sales aren't what they used to be. My guess is that the price of cigars has increased, opposed to the number sold.