• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuban cigars "off years".....

Satchmo

Why do they call it a Power Ranger???
I have been searching and cannot find any info on this subjects. I've had several conversations with the fine people at CP. The issue of a questionable period of Cuban cigar quality has come up. Such as, "This is a great cigar, except it's from '98". I understand the quality control for a short period was lacking. I assume this was not just packaging excetra... but also included the quality of tobacco, construction, more.

Are there certain years that are to be avoided if purchasing a box habanos cigars? I've seen this statement at one vendor:

Why do you guarantee that boxes are no older than 2001?

All our stock is of recent vintage, we do not hold aged cigars. It has come to our attention that some of our clients are concerned about cigars from 1999 - 2000. We can absolutely guarantee that our cigars are from no further back than 2001.

Curious as too your help. Also, where can a person verify box codes on 1999-2002 vintage smokes?

Danka shein.

All our stock is of recent vintage, we do not hold aged cigars. It has come to our attention that some of our clients are concerned about cigars from 1999 - 2000. We can absolutely guarantee that our cigars are from no further back than 2001.

Danka shein.

IMO they should change their statement to read "...no further back than 2002"