• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cubans Have Mottled Grey ASH?

Marito

First of let me say how much I have enjoyed the hilarious, informative, instructional vitasea posts. I did not request a sample nor did I want one (and I certainly don't now, nor do I want any PMs viatsea), because I didn't think I was qualified enough to judge. As a newbie myself and one who respects all the great advice and help I've received from senior members, I completely accept the word of the BOTLs who have spoken. What I found interesting was that in reading these posts, I came across a line that caused me to think about my experience with Cubans, so here's the question:

Do most Cubans really burn with a coarse greyish to blackish ash? This was casually mentioned in one of the reviews of vitasea's "Cubans" and it made me realize that I have always seen this with my limited experience with ISOMs (mainly Trinidad Fundadores and various Cohibas, but extending less frequently to Bolivars, VRs and others). Indeed my experience is that, espcially compared to the baby powder-like white ash of an Opus, or the slight coarser, whitish-grey ash of a Padron, my ISOMs have always burned with a very dark grey to black mottled coarse ash. True in general? Is it the toabbacco? Is this indicative of an ISOM? Just trying to extend my education.

Marito said:
First of let me say how much I have enjoyed the hilarious, informative, instructional vitasea posts. I did not request a sample nor did I want one (and I certainly don't now, nor do I want any PMs viatsea), because I didn't think I was qualified enough to judge. As a newbie myself and one who respects all the great advice and help I've received from senior members, I completely accept the word of the BOTLs who have spoken. What I found interesting was that in reading these posts, I came across a line that caused me to think about my experience with Cubans, so here's the question:

Do most Cubans really burn with a coarse greyish to blackish ash? This was casually mentioned in one of the reviews of vitasea's "Cubans" and it made me realize that I have always seen this with my limited experience with ISOMs (mainly Trinidad Fundadores and various Cohibas, but extending less frequently to Bolivars, VRs and others). Indeed my experience is that, espcially compared to the baby powder-like white ash of an Opus, or the slight coarser, whitish-grey ash of a Padron, my ISOMs have always burned with a very dark grey to black mottled coarse ash. True in general? Is it the toabbacco? Is this indicative of an ISOM? Just trying to extend my education.
[snapback]176623[/snapback]​

yes it is a sign that you are smoking a real isom also the ash is very tight and generally dosn't fall off

has something to do with the soil the plants are grown in and construction

also you will never experiance a metalic taste in the back of you mouth
but what do i know??????????????

It has been my experience with ISOM's that most of them have a darker ash than domestics.

The color of the ash will not be an indicator of whether or not the tobacco in a cigar was grown in Cuba, though there are some varieties that burn darker than others. There are too many variables involved to say that just by viewing the ash of a cigar, you can tell where the tobacco was grown. Often times though, you can get a good idea of the region the leaf was grown in, but personally, I don't think that it can be used to determine the authenticity of a cigar. The ash, combined with other factors though, can lead you in that direction.

i agree matt that is one of the signs, was assuming he was smoking what he thought was a cuban
all cuban cigars are rolled with a triple cap except torpedos and some rolled with a pig tail

if its a box your dealing with,if you rub your dry finger on any gold marking and a small amount of gold flects will rub off on your finger. has some think to do with the gold paint they use

look at the cuban gov stamp with a black light in the dark and the cuban emblem will show up a yellow coler, its a water mark

they are now putting a small halogen (hologram) about 1 inch square on the front cover of each box,they are making a big deal with this and give everyone a brochure when they go through customs in cuba

vitasea said:
Marito said:

[snapback]176623[/snapback]​

yes it is a sign that you are smoking a real isom also the ash is very tight and generally dosn't fall off

has something to do with the soil the plants are grown in and construction

also you will never experiance a metalic taste in the back of you mouth
but what do i know??????????????
[snapback]176692[/snapback]​

And where did you get your cubans? :whistling:

vitasea said:
they are now putting a small halogen about 1 inch square on the front cover of each box,they are making a big deal with this and give everyone a brochure when they go through customs in cuba
[snapback]176759[/snapback]​

I'm sorry, halogen??

did you mean hologram?

ricmac25 said:
vitasea said:
they are now putting a small halogen about 1 inch square on the front cover of each box,they are making a big deal with this and give everyone a brochure when they go through customs in cuba
[snapback]176759[/snapback]​

I'm sorry, halogen??

did you mean hologram?
[snapback]176823[/snapback]​
or hallucinogen, perhaps?
it's a tab of acid... peel it off your box, put in on your tongue, and watch your fakes magically morph into havanas! :p