• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuesta Rey Stanford’s Cameroon Reserve Pyramid #9

Mark Twain

Call me Ishmael.
I haven’t done a review in ages. But I found this very special Cuesta Rey Stanford’s Cameroon Reserve Pyramid #9 and thought what better way to end a hectic semester of teaching than to smoke it alongside a glass of Eagle Rare bourbon.

I still remember my first experience with this line. It occurred at the Outlaw, when Smokyballs gifted me a Cuesta Rey Stanford’s Churchill. What a remarkably complex smoke. Today’s Pyramid was no different. I find that most cigars with a leathery finish often leave me with a rough aftertaste. Not so with this smoke. Perhaps it’s the Cameroon wrapper, but in any case, the overall experience was pleasantly aromatic and flavorful down to the nub.

I highly recommend picking up a few or even a box, if you’re lucky enough to snag one.

CuestaRey.jpg

*Sorry for the low quality of the photo; Santa is (hopefully) going to drop off a decent camera for Christmas . . . along with a leaf blower!)

I like these too! Have a box sitting and a handful waiting their turn in the rotation.

Did they get not-so-good press for a while? Seems I almost remember having a reason for burying a box in the coolidor.

I think the Cameroon wrapper makes these too Marc. I'm sure most just judge a book by it's cover due to the cheap price tag, but the wrapper really adds a pleasant sweetness to the blend.

I've never done a side by side, but these remind me so much of the Fuente Don Carlos line. Great smoke in my opinion.