• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Custom Fit Earplugs

LockOut

I am looking into getting a set of custom fit earplugs. I would be using them mainly for shooting. But i have heard of people using them for riding motorcycles also, which is something i do all summer. I was looking at htis site

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/jbcuearpl.html

at the "Perfect-FitTM Breaker-Vented Custom Noise Reduction Plug (1 Pr)"

Has anyone ever done an at home mold kit lik this, or would i be better off going to an ear doctor for them. Also is it worht looknig into health care covering these for me?

What's a sweet lil' ol' Fireboy doing playing with guns?? I thought you guys only waxed fire engines, and rolled up hoses! Or is it, waxing hoses, and...? :laugh:

Well, I can't point you to a source (I know, a lot of help... :rolleyes: ), but I can tell you that if you get the kind that uses a professional molding compound that is squeezed into your ear, you might pass out. Had one guy in my Academy do that. oddly enough, he quit a week after graduation and became a fireman... Strange world. ???

Good luck in your search boot! :D

I had a set of plugs similar to those made for my wife and I at a local gun show years ago. Lady had us sit down, lay with our heads turned, and poured the goop in. The bride thought it was rather weird.... I dunno, no biggee at all for me.

But I tell you what... using them is a no brainer! Easy to put in, works great... makes that .338 go "pop"

No idea if the home kits are the same, but I sure love mine.

I have a pair that were made for me at a gun show and I'm very happy with them. Even though you only gain about 5db in noise reduction I do recommend doubling up with regular hearing protection as every bit helps.

Well its the redneck side of me coming out to play showing i like my guns. Ive been debating trying to get a SWAT medic job after i finish medics school in may. Would be a neat thing to do for a period. Really at first ill just accept the first job i can get, hopefully it won't be hard as medics are always in demand.

I use the roll ear plug to sleep
I saw those custom fit ear plugs on the site you posted :love:
$115 buck Im going to have to pass

I use the roll ear plug to sleep
I saw those custom fit ear plugs on the site you posted :love:
$115 buck Im going to have to pass

$115!!

I'm pretty sure you can get the custom jobs from an ear doctor or hearing aid place for cheaper than that.

I got a pair of POS Custom Earplugs made for me at a skeet tournament for $40. They do better at protecting your ears then the foam ones and these have lasted me two years of constant use with no wear.

Check out your local audiologists. They can do them right on the spot.

I just use the roll-ups plus some headphones when at the range.

The only experience I have with earplugs are the ones for musicians. This is the brand: http://www.etymotic.com/

I'm not sure what would be best for shooting but these work great for music/concerts/etc. I would think they would work for shooting sports too.

Your local audiologist can probably help you.

What do places like Gander Mountain or Cabella's offer?

BR

100_0253.jpg

Thats how the wife rolls... "At the range" she uses plain old hearing protectors

100_0249.jpg

There is another shot of her plain ole ear muffs...

100_0253.jpg

Thats how the wife rolls... "At the range" she uses plain old hearing protectors

100_0249.jpg

There is another shot of her plain ole ear muffs...

WOW!!! No wonder you call yourself Shooter. That is some serious stuff. very cool.
O yeah, that is the type of protection I wear also.

Plenty more where those pics came from.... hehe

i wish i could aford toys like those.......or even that NY would let me consider owning them. I need to move.