• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Custom Humidors?

logos

Hey Guys,

It has been awhile since I have posted...but I have ventured back to the cigar world. I am looking to pick up a new humidor, and was wondering if there are any guys making custom ones that are worth pursuing?

Back in 2010, I got a custom from Ed at Waxing Moon...but from the little I have read around here, that seems to have taken a turn for the worse...I've enjoyed that humidor, but now looking for another.

Thanks!

What size are you thinking? Plenty of us have custom cabinets.

I'm actually wanting something smaller...75-100 capacity.

Check out ammodor. They are a member here and do some quality work. Otherwise a custom build for that small may not really be worth it. Decent humidors can be had for a good price at any cigar shop in that size.

Check out ammodor. They are a member here and do some quality work. Otherwise a custom build for that small may not really be worth it. Decent humidors can be had for a good price at any cigar shop in that size.

I agree. Get a Ashton in a wood color you like and be down with it.

Bob Staebell makes very nice cabinets, including amazing desktops. If I wanted a quality piece, he's the guy I'd call. I own one his cabinets (as do many guys on this forum), and Bob's quality is top notch.

Since you already have one desktop, I'd consider bumping up to a smaller cabinet. Bob at Aristocrat does great work (I've had four of his cabinets) and I've heard Avallo also makes good cabinets as well. I'm guessing you could get a smaller cabinet style for not much more than a custom desktop, but it's been a while since I've looked at humidor prices.

I built a walk-in and haven't looked back. ;)

Humidor_Details.htm
I still make some on occasion

http://www.arlinliss.com/_Cocobolo/Joe Vitale/Humidor_Details.htm

If I could afford Arlin Liss I could afford ISO. I'm not there yet, but his stuff is WOW.

Im building a custom humidor for myself now and had the pleasure of dealing with bob at aristocrat. what a great guy! im buying the humidification from him. he spent 45 mins on the phone with me explaining important details of a larger unit and humidification. plus he saved me $1000 compared to the route i was going.