• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cut of Choice

What’s your primary cigar cutting method?

• Guillotine

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Punch

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • V-Cut

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Scissors

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A far amount of the people here in the office use V's & when I'm at our stores most of the employees use V's.
how much would you say the flavor change when u use v cut. instead of straight? or is it more for the smoke

how much would you say the flavor change when u use v cut. instead of straight? or is it more for the smoke

I've smoked several of the same cigar using different cuts to see what the differences are. With some if has been more noticeable than others. I carry a guillotine, punch & v-cut but I usually just use the v-cut depending on the shape of the cigar.

I've smoked several of the same cigar using different cuts to see what the differences are. With some if has been more noticeable than others. I carry a guillotine, punch & v-cut but I usually just use the v-cut depending on the shape of the cigar.
ah cuz i mostly use it on smaller cigars with bad airflow

I have gone though many trials on this over the years. I started out with a standard guillotine, then used a punch for years. I now exclusively use a v-cut and have for probably close to 10 years. I find for me it is always a clean cut and works well on all sizes and shapes, I even use it on torpedoes. I have a Boston Cutter that I keep on the desk in my office and a Colibri that I carry with me.

Dave