• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cutter Recommendations

I have a semi cheap-o. It was 11$ on a random humidor site. Its a double blade cutter, works much better than a single (imho). By the way I was always under the impression that biting the cap off was last resort and not a great idea...

I have a semi cheap-o. It was 11$ on a random humidor site. Its a double blade cutter, works much better than a single (imho). By the way I was always under the impression that biting the cap off was last resort and not a great idea...
Propaganda. Visit Little Havana in Miami. I'll bet not one viejo has a cigar cutter.

Doc.

I try to use the power of my mind to will the cap off. You would be surprised at how efficient this is.

My Xikar is going on 8 and stills cuts great, but it's time to get the springs replaced. Palio has become my favored cutter lately. It is very light and does a great job. Kinda tight at first, but broke in quickly.

I love my Palio. Clean and quick, everything I could ask for in a cutter.

I have both a Palio and a Xikar.
For the life of me... I can not get a straight cut with the Xikar. Very well made and sharp but I think I must be retarded, with that type of cutter.
The Palio has been perfect for me. Only think that sucks, is the little tobacco pieces getting stuck in the rail and slides of the cutter. I also wish it opened and closed a little smoother.
I recieved a cutter from the golf course, a while back and it worked very well too.
Have a very nice day and hopefully a smoke too.

I now use my Xikar by placing the cigar on the cap(thru the cutter) and clipping.

Very nice cut!

I love my Palio. Clean and quick, everything I could ask for in a cutter.

damn you all! I was just thinking "I need a good cutter", then poof this thread appears and I go out and buy a Burlwood Palio...I can't wait for it to get here.

I have both a Palio and a Xikar.
For the life of me... I can not get a straight cut with the Xikar. Very well made and sharp but I think I must be retarded, with that type of cutter.
The Palio has been perfect for me. Only think that sucks, is the little tobacco pieces getting stuck in the rail and slides of the cutter. I also wish it opened and closed a little smoother.
I recieved a cutter from the golf course, a while back and it worked very well too.
Have a very nice day and hopefully a smoke too.

I now use my Xikar by placing the cigar on the cap(thru the cutter) and clipping.

Very nice cut!
I will try that. Thanks for the advice Grateful, I appreciate the help.
Have a great day friend.

Personally, while I am not against the use of a cheap cutter or even the biting method (both if done properly), if I am going to smoke an expensive, rare or one of a kind cigar, I do not want to chance it unravelling or other. I LOVE my Palio.

I have a cigar punch on my key ring...I keep loosing the cigar cutters I buy or I would use a xikar...biting works sometimes but always the chance of unraveling

I have a cigar punch on my key ring...I keep loosing the cigar cutters I buy or I would use a xikar...biting works sometimes but always the chance of unraveling

Have you lost high end cutters? I found it to be like sunglasses. I kept loosing the cheap-o ones but once I bought an expensive one I keep track of it very well. I love my palio.

Palio, Palio, Palio. Love the controlled cut, as well as the contours that enable it to double as a cigar holder.

Easy to take apart and clean, has a lifetime warranty, and it comes with a protective sheath. What more could you ask for?

Have you lost high end cutters? I found it to be like sunglasses. I kept loosing the cheap-o ones but once I bought an expensive one I keep track of it very well. I love my palio.

i would lose my brain if it wasnt attached to my head....ya i have lost palios...xikars...dunhill....buying the expensive option works for me with sunglasses strangly enough but not for most anything else....maybe its because i keep my sunglasses on my head when not in use...haha..cheers

...yes, but once you've selected a cutter, do you leave the cello on or off..?? That's what has me really flummoxed....

Hmm I have a Xikar but all these nods to the Palio make me want to try one. Going to have to pick one up.

...yes, but once you've selected a cutter, do you leave the cello on or off..?? That's what has me really flummoxed....

Honest truth, I know that I've heard and read several times, over the years, to leave the cellophane on while cutting, and it will give you a better cut, in addition to keeping your cutter sharper longer. I seem to remember trying it the first time I heard it, and the cutter just couldn't get through the cello. If it's true, I have never had the urge try to prove it beyond that one attempt.

I am a newbie here, but what I have found works best for me a is (hold on to your chairs :0 ) a straight razor. I am a big fan of using straight razors not just to shave but also to cut cigars.

The str8 razor is the sharpest instrument out there period and due to the sharp keen edge the cut is clean and does not damage to the wrapper.

of course this is using a good well sharpened razor.

Mind you I am an avid collector of quality vintage and new straights, I sharpen them myself. I have a str8 exclusively for cutting cigars