• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cutting large-ring cigars

ryan7107

Just picked-up a CAO Brazilia Amazon and it got me thinking, does anyone know an elegant way to cut a cigar too fat to fit in your cigar cutters?

088.gif

A sharpened up .50 cal casing makes a nice big hole with which to draw smoke. :p

there's this cutter, I forget what it's called but it's named after some fish

like the barracuda or the marlin or something

it's specifically designed so prety much any ring gauge cigar will fit into it.

Cigar scissors should cut just about any size. As long as its not a torpedo a punch can cut any size too.

I think lumberg is thinking of the 'Mean Sardine'. Its a double bladed cutter that says it can do up to 56 ring gauge.

I have one cheap ass plastic cutter that cuts up to a 60 ring, use it for my fat sticks. I see them in most cigar shops I frequent. If not use the ole Ginsu knife, it cuts right through a whole watermelon.

If no one remembers ginsu, forget I made the comment :D
Robert

All I do is I take my pocket knife and pierce the end in an X fashion - no cutting just 2 small stabs about 2mm deep. Works like a chamb and I've had alot less problems with the cap unravelling half way through my longer smokes. (Yep - I bite... but only if you pay me!)

I have a cheap plastic Indian Tabac cutter that will do 64 gage but usually I punch.

Usually all you need to do is remove the cap. Any Xi or SAK or most other double blade cutters can handle this on even the biggest sticks.

ryan7107 said:
Just picked-up a CAO Brazilia Amazon and it got me thinking, does anyone know an elegant way to cut a cigar too fat to fit in your cigar cutters?
03_bas.jpg

gkpk said:
Punch is my cutter of choice for larger ring gauges. :)
I was wondering how long it would take somebody to state the obvious.

As already mentioned a punch is the best way to go here unless you like to cut and happen to have a large ring cutter ( I have a cheap plastic one).

You can also punch the cigar 2 or 3 times with overlapping holes, I've seen it done and it seemed to work pretty well.