• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Daily Smokes

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
I know many people around here smoke whatever they want, whenever they want... And to those people I say congratulations. I like to smoke as often as possible... Sometimes thats 2-3 a day, other times its maybe 2-3 a week...

What are you guys smoking on a daily basis nowadays? I've tried some new cigars recently, some were good - though not in their respective price categories....

For a daily smoke, one can't go wrong with a Padron 2000... Either nattie, or maduro!!! :thumbs:

I don't usually have a "daily" smoke lately Tom but there were a few times in the past where I'd find myself smoking a Jose L. Piedra Cazadores or a Quintero Brevas almost every day/night.

At some point in the past year or so, I was smoking quite a few Carlos Toraño Exodus 1959 Toros. Great cigar for a pretty nice price.

In 2003, my daily smokes were Oliva "O" Bold Ovations but the bastids discontinued those and the replacements suck.

Toaster, sounds like we're in the same place in terms of finding a good daily smoke. I recently found two good cigars, both at great prices: Gispert Maduros and Fonseca Cedars. A cedar after work makes for a great hours' relaxation. The best thing is that I've not found a bourbon or scotch that doesn't pair well with the cedar.

I smoke 3 to 5 a day. So to cut down on costs I smoke R-P sungrown select petite coronas at 2 bucks each and AF Chateau Fuente at under 4.

Doc.

I can't quite afford them as daily smokes, but the Hemingway Short Story and the Padron 6000 maduro are hands down my current favorites. Actually, that Padron has been a favorite from the beginning.

Hmm,

I honestly don't have anything like a daily smoke. I think I'd get bored if I tried smoking the same cigar for more than a few days in a row. That said, the NC that I could smoke pretty frequently would be the Ashton VSG Illusion. The cost would kill me though.

Wilkey

Sancho Panza Double Maduro at a little over 2 bucks is one of the most consistant good cigars I've ever smoked. 2-3 a week are Arturo Fuente Cuban Belicos. I'm with Doc on the Rocky Patels - yummy!

If I had a daily smoke, it would be the Partagas Serie D no. 4. I smoke 3-4 of these on a weekly basis. Definitely my current go-to smoke.

Call me crazy but the Perdomo Fresco's aren't a bad choice for the money. At 2.20 a stick it is well worth it. mr.mac told me about those RP Sungrowns so i'm gonna have to check those out

I don't usually have a "daily" smoke lately Tom but there were a few times in the past where I'd find myself smoking a Jose L. Piedra Cazadores or a Quintero Brevas almost every day/night.

At some point in the past year or so, I was smoking quite a few Carlos Toraño Exodus 1959 Toros. Great cigar for a pretty nice price.

In 2003, my daily smokes were Oliva "O" Bold Ovations but the bastids discontinued those and the replacements suck.

Thats scary Bill... Except for the Torano's, our taste is pretty similar. I LOVE the JLP's for the price and the Quint's are good to (so are the Rafael Gonzales ;)) All in the lower end of the price spectrum, but all good smokes in their own rights. The "O" were one of my Fav's, the new "o"s are not as good as the older ones (imo) but they are ok I guess...

As for the question of: A daily or Not a Daily.... sometimes I've got the time, most times I don't... But I have to admit, when I can, I LOVE A CIGAR WITH COFFEE IN THE MORNING! :love:

I smoke 3 to 5 a day. So to cut down on costs I smoke R-P sungrown select petite coronas at 2 bucks each and AF Chateau Fuente at under 4.

Doc.

I can assure you I can't find these at anywhere near $2/ea, though I have not seen the Petite's, the regular corona sized (or near the corona size - the except name/size escapes me at the moment) cigar is priced at OVER $7 around here, and the Toro (maybe a little bigger?) or Corona Gorda sized is $10! and as high as $12 at some shops.

Admittedly I have NOT looked online.

Doc.

I can assure you I can't find these at anywhere near $2/ea, though I have not seen the Petite's, the regular corona sized (or near the corona size - the except name/size escapes me at the moment) cigar is priced at OVER $7 around here, and the Toro (maybe a little bigger?) or Corona Gorda sized is $10! and as high as $12 at some shops.

Linky!

or maybe these,

Linky!

Hope that helps some...

:thumbs:

Doc.

Linky!

or maybe these,

Linky!

Hope that helps some...

:thumbs:

Indeed, the second link is to the Factory Selects. I smoke em in Robusto and PC... and agree with all that say they are fantastic!

mac

For a daily smoke, one can't go wrong with a Padron 2000... Either nattie, or maduro!!! :thumbs:
David nailed this one. For a "daily" smoke, It's hard to beat a Padron 2K. I keep them around in both regular and maduro and usually smoke at least two or three a week.... :thumbs: A little higher up the ladder would be the Don Pepin "Blue Label" smokes which cost a bit more, but are readily available from several sources. I seem to be tearing through a few of those lately.... :blush:

One point is that when you find one you think you can hang with for a while, it's a good idea to put a couple of boxes down and let them age a bit. You'll be surprised what a difference even a few months will make in their smoothness and overall flavor.

Have fun - B.B.S.

My "daily" cigar changes almost monthly, but for the last three months I've been smoking Old Henry along with Top Shelf Signature cigars. As far as I'm concern they are the best Pepin cigars and they are at a great price point. :thumbs:

In my book, there is no such thing. I've found smokes that I like but none that I would ever want to smoke so often. I like to see how cigars develop with time.

-Mark