• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

damn... Paul Walker died

Totally insane. He wasn't even driving. And right in front of all those people, the drivers 8 yr old son, and Pauls friend tried but couldn't pull them out of the car. Us firemen have a tough time getting people out of the car when not on fire, being a civilian with no gear or tools trying..... God bless them for trying there best.

1201_news_Car_Crash_dw_01_copy.photoblog600.jpg

I'll be honest in the first Fast & Furious I didn't like him but he's been a really good actor sense. Running Scared was my favorite movie of his.

As a teenager when the first fast movie came out it made quite an impression on me. While some of the movies in this franchise were pretty bad I still watched and enjoyed all of them. I was shocked to hear that he died....especially so when I heard that it was in a car crash.

Shocking doesn't cover it when my wife told me about this today. I really liked him as an actor and I couldn't agree more with Matt and Running Scared being his best film. I am a huge Fast fan and when seeing the first one I was a big time honda gear head thru high school and a bit after. Our car club was at the drags ever wed and Friday night for the open track night. The Fast movies really made the import scene blow up. Sad to see him go at such a young age.

I was awake and following this when it was just breaking by TMZ.  Ironically, one of those boilerplate sites had a death hoax up about him last week, which was subsequently shot down by his spokespeople.  At first, TMZ was the only one reporting this, with a poorly written article, at that.  Everyone else reporting it was citing the TMZ article, so with the hoax last week, it was pretty confusing on if this was really true or not.  Sadly, it turned out to be real.  Like Heath Ledger, this was just one of those Hollywood types whose death really catches you by surprise because there were no precipitating indicators.  From what I understand, he just recently got full custody of his daughter and moved her in with him, as well, as a single parent.  I can't speak as to if he was a good person in life, but I never heard anything bad about him.  Terrible news all the way around.  

No news or even a byline in reference to who the driver was, but that's another life lost, too.  I can only imagine what it was like for those responders once they got the fire out.  Hopefully death was quick for both in the car.  Very sad...

Driver was Roger Rodas CEO of motor sports high end car shop and Pirelli circuit driver and Paul's friend.

I also heard, the drivers, 8 yr old son saw this go down, jumped the fence to try and get his dad out of the car. Now that's a brave kid! and I am terribly sorry that not only did his son loose his father, he saw it happen first hand. Poor kid.

Sad when a person of his caliber, who was involved in various charities, dies so young. Just so glad no one else was injured or killed in the crash.

No skid marks present, ruling out street racing, they did find a streak/line of what they believe to be steering fluid, no steering going slightly fast in a car that flies, also the fuel lines likely were cut after impact causing explosion, prior to explosion the vehicle was literally wrapped around the pole/tree likely killing Rodas and walker on impact.

One thing that kinda irks me though, is people saying what if some one else was killed/hurt, obviously you may have noticed that people that are gathered at street racing scenes are aware if just how close they are and how dangerous it is, he'll even spectators at rally car races and track races are not at risk, I've seen video of people getting killed/injured at rally and dirt bike racing.