• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DateLine's trying to ban

Horse

Member 200
I had no idea that this was an issue.. they "claim"

1. It's a terrorist favorite (since when?)
2. Well, it it were...it would be harder to get one (are not rental trucks and fertilizer already used for terrorist operations? I know, let's not rent trucks anymore!)

and so on...

I did a quick google on the issue and saw Cali. defeated the bill 3 years ago.

This may have been like the 3rd issue of dateline I've ever watched..has it always leaned towards the bleeding heart, let's legislate everything side?

Yes....

All of those type of shows are not about real news.... its about polarizing the extremes.

Which one was it that filmed a vehicle blowing up in a rear end colision only to find out that they rigged the vehicle when it wouldn't explode as they claimed it would.

The sad part Mark is how many people actually believe the BS these shows spew.

And another sad part is how some people dismiss what they have to say because of knee-jerk bias.

You're right about one thing, which is that none of these shows is about 'news' but are actually commentary or editorial.

Sort of like Rush or Sean, ya know?

psyktek said:
And another sad part is how some people dismiss what they have to say because of knee-jerk bias.
[snapback]194805[/snapback]​

I'd say there's less people that "dismiss what they have to say because of knee-jerk bias" than gullable people that think whatever is said on TV is the truth.

While you guys don't dig Dateline, and maybe also 20/20, I enjoy watching these "news" programs. Some things on there aren't always stories I like to watch, but they did do one awhile back about the top 10 most dirty food chains, and sure enough, I've not been back to Denny's. :thumbs:

Oh well, and no, I don't believe everything on tv.

I agree, all those alledged "news" shows suck $hit :angry:

The good thing though is that the more they try preaching, the more most people get turned off with their BS ;)

I would think the .50 would be a little to big for a terrorist to pack into a suitcase or sneak into a government building but hey, what do I know. That is ridiculous.

Brandon

I can't seem to recall it being used in a terror incident.

I went to a machine gun shoot once and saw a guy shoot a crow at 600 yards with one. That crow did not have a chance to feel terror. :p

cigarsarge said:
I went to a machine gun shoot once and saw a guy shoot a crow at 600 yards with one. That crow did not have a chance to feel terror. :p
[snapback]194861[/snapback]​

Put into the right hands and that puppy can reach out and touch somebody can't it..... :)

but they did do one awhile back about the top 10 most dirty food chains, and sure enough, I've not been back to Denny's.

Thanks KB, you just proved my point. :rolleyes:

I wonder just how many terrorists they polled to determine that it was their favorite. Was it an internet poll or did they pass it around during Mrs. Johnson's 3rd period study hall?

IIRC correctly...that is to say, don't quote me...the CA ban would have also outlawed the sporting use of 12 gauge shotguns since they have a bore diameter greater than 0.50 inches. It was that poorly worded, from what I understand.

I didn't see the Dateline piece but I'm pretty confident that they got the essential facts wrong. At least their history in gun-related reporting leads me to believe this to be true. I'm guessing that they bought into and regurgitated all the hyperbolic feces that was flung during the CA ban debates. They just don't get that the .50 BMG is not particularly good for taking out scores of people, which I expect is a prerequisite for choosing weapons of terror.

...how about an expose on the existing gun laws that aren't enforced? I seem to recall some time ago the NRA suggested that one city be picked and laws enforced 100%. All the civil lib folks about had heart attacks.....

How about the number of folks with CCW's and the almost total lack of crime in that group?

Jeez, got to wonder out loud that the terrorists won't have any trouble bringing their own .50's with them as they stroll across the border from Mexico even if they are "oulawed" in this country.... :whistling:

Regards - B.B.S.

Give a few months, and these same people will also realize that small calibers are 'armor piercing' too. Can't wait for that. I'm not even close to being an NRA supporter, but the people that are trying pass nine laws to cover the same ground have no idea what they're talking about.

Mr Barret the guy who built the first one was on G Gordon Liddys show and made some very astute observations. All the things they are worried about BGs shooting with the 50 is vulnerable to normal size hunting rounds.

IIRC the IRA may have got their hands on one way back and zapped a Brit in an armored car. Thats the only possible case of one being used by a BG.

I shot a Barrett and they are impressive weapons. It will lift a washing machine off the ground and fell small trees. :D

Here's some informative reading.

Its a real shame as Im old enough to remember that Kali was the center of the cool gun universe years ago and now people are fleeing en masse to get away.

Russell

I think those shows are controlled by people who contribute funds, so pretty much whomever is throwing $$$ in their way will determine what direction the show goes in.

FYI America is for sell if you know where to spend the money.

Allofus123 said:
cigarsarge said:
[snapback]194861[/snapback]​

Put into the right hands and that puppy can reach out and touch somebody can't it..... :)

but they did do one awhile back about the top 10 most dirty food chains, and sure enough, I've not been back to Denny's.

Thanks KB, you just proved my point. :rolleyes:
[snapback]194872[/snapback]​

You make it sound that everything on there is a lie. The way they do most of these "tests", like the one I was talking about, is by reviewing random towns old records (within the past year) of places of business. ;)

My point was you can't really say it's all **** news.