• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dave’s ISOM/Super-Premium Fast Pass

DaveWF

Official CP Entertainment
I’ve never had the ability before now, but it looks like it’s time for Dave’s ISOM/Super-Premium Fast Pass

For the first time, I find I have more ISOMs and Super-Premiums then I can smoke in the near future. I’m finally able to seed an ISOM/Super-Premium pass. Standard rules apply: more/better in then out. Dave’s standard rules will be posted later. Also, to make sure I get some of what people are putting in for me, after the 3rd person, no one may take more then 1 cigar from any person other then me.
First ten in get it. Remember: Speed is the key. If you won’t be able to get it shipped the day after you receive it, move on to the next pass.

Feel free to ask questions. If you’re interested, Post a message AND ***EMAIL*** me at DaveWF@CigarPass.com with *The Pass You Want To Join*, your name, screen name, address, and (if you have under 100 posts) home phone number. This pass is protected by C.P.I. Check out the link on the main page. Protect your passes!

Dave ;)

"Standard rules apply: more/better in then out"

Has it always been standard to get more for less? Maybe I'm reading this out of context, but shouldn't it be equal for equal? Having a bad week already, so maybe I'm just reading it wrong, but it doesn't sound right to me.

"Also, to make sure I get some of what people are putting in for me..."

If it is not marked specifically for you is it really for you?

Just to confirm it's not MattR having a bad day...I second the question.

Well, after talking with some others, it appears what I have always considered the "un-written rule" was just "Dave's self-imposed moralistic rule" I did not mean to offend anyone. Man, what a way to start off my first high-end pass. Damn.

Change in rules everyone: Standard rules (ISOM in, ISOM out. Quality for quality) apply.

As far as my reasoning for the "no more then 1 from people other then me" rule... In all the passes I've had in the past, the bulk of what I've received back has been what I started it with. I'm trying to stop that. The reason I'm starting this pass is so I can try new cigars and help others to do the same. I'm just trying to make sure the I get to try some more of others cigars. There should be more then enough cigars from everyone for there to be a variety for everyone to choose from.

Sorry for the goof - hope this clears up the confusion,
Dave :D

No, Beast, I am having a bad day and it could end up being even worse as the week and month rolls on... and Dave, didn't mean any offense, just wanted to clarify and I'll play in the pass if you'll have me. I assume you have all my mailing info. You know most of the people here are generous to a fault, I just don't want it to become expected or else someone's going to feel cheated sooner or later. :thumbs:

My question would be how would you rate the following cigars as premium, Super Premium or even something less.

Montecristo #2
LGC Torp # 1
H.Upmann 2000
H.Upmann Longdale
last but not least Punch Punch

Trying to figure out if I even have anything that I can trade.

Korryp

:)

KorryP, in my opinion (anyone to feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here...) all of those would fit nicely into the Premium category, unfortunately, NOT the Super-Premium that I'm looking for here. UNLESS of course the Monte #2 & Punch Punch are ISOMs, in which case, YES, you're more then welcome here...

Dave ;)

Not my pass, but premium $7-$12 range, Super Premium over $12 or hard to find, i.e. a Hemingway Untold Story is MSRP $12, but I would consider it a super premium in that is is not readily available. It's kinda subjective and if you have a question, best to ask the pass originator, which is what you did, good start "newbie." :p

Oh and to add, just because something is a Havana, does not mean it's a premium smoke. A Upmann Sir Winston would be super premium,a Punch Punch would fall into the premium category, where as Cuaba Divino would not fall into either list.

Wow...

Thanks for the quick response. Sounds like the items I have are premium and not really enough at this point to join this pass. The sad part is that I think what I have is better than the other pass that is just starting and that I really don't want or need 30 plus $1.00 cigars. That being said I guess I need to build my inventory. Off to Cigarbid & hopefully my friend in England will be here visiting next month and he'll need to bring me a better inventory of ISOM's.

KorryP

:lookup:

Dave, I'm kinda glad you brought this up. As Matt has said, most people here are generous to a fault.... never a question about their put/take ratio's. There are others that either leave it up to a marginal call at best or just outright don't have a clue. The rules have always been replace with equal or better value. The biggest fault I find in Put's and Take's are people that believe two $5 cigars are equal or better than one $8 cigar or have no clue on what the value of their cigars are. I've recently seen two super premiums taken for 3 average premiums. To some, that might be OK and if the originator of the pass is Ok with it fine, but to me, that would be the only reason.

I've played the pass police before...... don't care to continue. As much as I don't care to be told what to take/put I can understand why you went there. ???

I would gladly join your pass but I'm afraid the quick (24 hours) turn around requirement would prevent me from doing so.

You know, this board really needs a "Cigar Pass Czar"...An almighty individual with the knowledge to over see all "puts and takes" throughout the passes. Anyone interested????LMAO :) :p :)

Didn't mean to put a negative spin on this pass. These passes are meant to be fun and should be taken with a grain of salt in the whole realm of things. I know Dave runs a pass very efficiently and didn't mean to question his passing abilities or running of his passes. The "more for less" thing just sounded a bit greedy and while I know that is not what Dave meant for it to be, some of the new guys are going to feel left out or are going to get a wrong impression of what passing is about. A premium pass is a risk, a Super Premium pass is even more so, that's why Edicion Limitada is invite only for the time being. Let's not look at this as a bad thing, let's have learned from the intial response and get Dave's idea off the ground and running. I haven't been in a pass since EL and am looking forward to being in another and this is the type of pass I like to participate in. So, excuse my negative tone in the beginning and sign the heck up for this pass!!! :D

Hell, I'll play! Count me in Dave!

Message sent! :D

Dave, I'd love to join your pass, but there's one potential problem as far as I can see. Lately I've been having to travel a good bit on fairly short (3-4 day) notice. So in the case that the box is scheduled to come to me and I have to travel suddenly, I would just bow out of the pass rather than have to re-route everything. Time seems to be a critical factor on this pass and I wouldn't want to hold up the works. If that's not acceptable to you, I understand, just let me know and I'll skip this one. However, if it's not a problem, then I'd like to play. Thanks!!

We can work the schedule around you. Never fear. Welcome aboard!

Dave ;)

Alright everyone, I had a minor little catastrophe and have (hopefully only temporarily) lost my past email. Can everyone that's interested in this pass please RE-EMAIL me your info just in case? Don't forget to tell me what pass this is for!
DaveWF@CigarPass.com
Thanks,
Dave ???

New question:

I am now in receipt of some cigars that were have made their way from Cuba to Canada to the United States. I know what they cost in Cuba and can figure out what my cost is per cigar. To participate in this pass would I just use a web site that sells singles to confirm that I an trading for the same cost. If so is there still room in this pass?

Korryp :)

Yes, that will work (as long as you use prices from the same site for both cigars!). Send me your info and consider yourself in!

Dave ;)