• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff 100th

kro77

I had heard discussion at my local smoke shop that Davidoff will be doing something for their 100th anniversary, but they had no idea what it could be. So I thought see if anyone here as any clues as to what they could be cooking up overthere in switzerland.

Any info will be appreciated.

Well it looks like I found some info on this from Perelman's Cigar site. The info is as follows:

• On Monday, March 13, a special anniversary cigar will be delivered to Davidoff appointed merchants. This “Diadema Fina” is a full-bodied, 6 1/2-inch-long perfecto, to be offered in boxes of 10 at about $22 apiece (before local tobacco taxes). Of course, it’s made at the Davidoff facility in Santiago, Dominican Republic.

• A series of dinners to honor Davidoff’s legacy will be held in the U.S.; the New York event will take place on May 10 at the historic Puck Building. There, attendees will be able to try the second anniversary cigar, the “Diadema,” a giant perfecto of 9 1/8 inches long, packed in individual cedar coffins. This size was originated in Cuba by the Fernandez, Palicio y Cia. factory where the Davidoff brand began in 1946.

Reportedly, only 100 cabinets of 50 cigars – all unbanded – will be released (5,000 cigars total), at $46 each or $2,300 per cabinet, to be sold only in Davidoff boutiques: two in New York and the three in Las Vegas.

So it looks like two different cigars will be produced. Has anyone seen these at their local vendors?

EDITED because of a bad cut and paste job on my part, and spelling

I'll be at the Davidoff Store in NYC (at Madison) tomorrow afternoon. I'll look for them. Might even pick a few up for posterity.

Nice. If you happen to see one of the 22 dollar ones could you pick on up for me, i can send you a check, if you are too busy i understand.

Remember with NYC tabacco tax it isn't a $22 cigar. Oh by the way you also pay 8.25% sales tax on top of that.

What is NYC tobacco tax plus the sales tax going to turn these into?
Kro77, I'll grab a couple (if they'll let me) and will let you know the damage.

Is that absurd cigarette tax also included? And thanks for the link Moki..

WOWSERS! Working with a $22 start price (which is msrp, not wholesale, but I don;t know how to get wholesale prices), that's $32.63 after sales tax (assuming sales tax is added to the price AFTER tobacco tax, which I think it is).

KRO77, still interested?

Cigarettes are at the same rate plus there are sin taxes associated so mucho dinero to be a cigarette smoker in the Big Apple!

If they have them/let me buy more than 1 or 2 I will grab them and let you know. from the sound of it, 50 bucks worth is about 1.5 cigars. I'll cut, you choose.

Flip for the half, just kidding. If two can be had for 50 or under i would love two, if not then one is fine. I will be in Vegas in May and try to stop by there see what they have since their tax i think might be a smidge lower then NYC.

Nice. If you happen to see one of the 22 dollar ones could you pick on up for me, i can send you a check, if you are too busy i understand.

:thumbs: his word is gold. I've done numerous trades with him so I'll vouch for him.

These will be available in cabs of 50 only at a few Davidoff stores... they will also be available in boxes of 10 from Davidoff dealers all over.

Hey all. I was at Davidoff, NYC today, and they were out of the petites (in boxes of 10, for 260).
They also had the cab of the full sized, at 2700 bucks. I decided to pass, instead got (and smoked) some oneoff....review to follow--taste A+....draw so bad as to ALMOST make me chuck it, and some graycliffs.

I ordered one of the boxes of ten, if they get more, which they might.

Darn, I will see if I can find some this weekend but I am doubting it if the Davidoff store is out.