• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Aniversario No.1 LE 2023

wrussell46

Davidoff Sherpa
I’d say “typical Aniversario profile,” however that’s not necessarily accurate.

I find the larger vitolas to be much more enjoyable fresh from the Humidor or out of the box. Anything smaller than the No.3 Toro are too light and missing out on the flavor and taste. After resting for 3-5 years that changes and they have a much better profile, imho, but that’s a big investment for some.

Granted, the price difference between a Special R or Short Perfecto and the Double R is also an investment!

The Review:
Draw is perfect, just the right amount of resistance.

Very smooth, delicate, airy. Notes of cinnamon spice, butter, cream, and sweetness.
None of the mushroom or musty flavors that bolder blends such as the Millennium, Winston Churchill, and 702 have. It’s a very clean and smooth smoke.
The final third ramps up a bit with the same flavors with a noticeable increase in strength. I was floating a little bit!

Draw- perfect
Burn- razor
Relights- none

From start to finish: 2hrs 45 min
Paired with two cups of fresh ground Mexican Arabica brewed in the Macchinetta/Moka pot.

This cigar was outstanding. Being able to set it down for 2-4 minutes and pick it up without any trouble is a testament to Davidoff quality. The consistent clear and smooth draw on an 8” cigar front start to finish was surprising, but also expected. At the end, the final third didn’t get hot or mushy, nor did the cigar fall apart or become unmanageable to the nub.

Worth $64? That’s up to you!

There’s something to be said about paying for quality in the details of a 2+ hour smoke without any issues or hassle. Simply a pure, unadulterated smoking experience that was pleasant, pleasurable, and relaxing.

Recommend for a day off with nothing on the “Honey-Do” list or a fine evening out at the Lounge without a curfew where one can and should treat oneself to a brilliant cigar.

These will also age wonderfully and get better and better over the years as we have seen with the now discontinued Aniversario No.2.

Cheers!

IMG_5891.jpegIMG_5892.jpegIMG_5895.jpegIMG_5897.jpegIMG_5898.jpeg

Last edited:
I’d say “typical Aniversario profile,” however that’s not necessarily accurate.

I find the larger vitolas to be much more enjoyable fresh from the Humidor or out of the box. Anything smaller than the No.3 Toro are too light and missing out on the flavor and taste. After resting for 3-5 years that changes and they have a much better profile, imho, but that’s a big investment for some.

Granted, the price difference between a Special R or Short Perfecto and the Double R is also an investment!

The Review:
Draw is perfect, just the right amount of resistance.

Very smooth, delicate, airy. Notes of cinnamon spice, butter, cream, and sweetness.
None of the mushroom or musty flavors that bolder blends such as the Millennium, Winston Churchill, and 702 have. It’s a very clean and smooth smoke.
The final third ramps up a bit with the same flavors with a noticeable increase in strength. I was floating a little bit!

Draw- perfect
Burn- razor
Relights- none

From start to finish: 2hrs 45 min
Paired with two cups of fresh ground Mexican Arabica brewed in the Macchinetta/Moka pot.

This cigar was outstanding. Being able to set it down for 2-4 minutes and pick it up without any trouble is a testament to Davidoff quality. The consistent clear and smooth draw on an 8” cigar front start to finish was surprising, but also expected. At the end, the final third didn’t get hot or mushy, nor did the cigar fall apart or become unmanageable to the nub.

Worth $64? That’s up to you!

There’s something to be said about paying for quality in the details of a 2+ hour smoke without any issues or hassle. Simply a pure, unadulterated smoking experience that was pleasant, pleasurable, and relaxing.

Recommend for a day off with nothing on the “Honey-Do” list or a fine evening out at the Lounge without a curfew where one can and should treat oneself to a brilliant cigar.

These will also age wonderfully and get better and better over the years as we have seen with the now discontinued Aniversario No.2.

Cheers!

View attachment 74000View attachment 74001View attachment 74002View attachment 74003View attachment 74004
0.39 cents a minute. Paid more for less 😂
Love how these cigars really allow you to enjoy the colder draws before heating up. Truly the difference between a short perfecto and longer vitola. You simply can't find this on the shorter sticks.