• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Second Growth

scthornton

Does anyone know anything about these? I received a phone call from one of the shops I purchase from saying this was a new cigar they were getting in next week, 1000 boxes worldwide, 300 to the US. I'm not surprised to see more limited cigars coming out, but figured someone here knew the scoop on these. I understand this is a blend from Henke Kelner and they are limited, that's all I know though. Any information on these would be appreciated.

Yes....They'll be a 7 3/4 x 54 packed 20 to a box. They will have a cloth band and the wrapper is a Hybrid Ecuadorian Habano, with a hybrid Dominican binder and 80% Dominican and 20% Honduran filler. Boxes are made out of wine barrels from Saint Julien, France. They're meant to be paired with Bordeaux blends and American meritage wines. That's about all the info I have....hope it helps. And please don't ask me about the hybrid tobaccos. I don't know anything about it, yet.

Interesting info Israel, thanks for sharing.

Look forward to these, probably off scale price wise.

Interesting info Israel, thanks for sharing.

Look forward to these, probably off scale price wise.

Probably.....I haven't yet decided if I'll take them in, but I'm thinking about it. All depends of price, and I have no idea yet what that will be.

I can't get enough of the Davidoff stuff these days. I'll have to hunt some of these down for sure.

I was told in the neighborhood of $600 per box, but it was yet TBD. Thanks for the info Isy.

I saw the empty box and marketing booklet today, but saw nothing referencing Davidoff. The retailer didn't think they had anything to do with Davidoff, either, but that's not definitive.

If they were Davidoff, though, you'd think they'd want to be associated and at least mention it.

I saw the empty box and marketing booklet today, but saw nothing referencing Davidoff. The retailer didn't think they had anything to do with Davidoff, either, but that's not definitive.

If they were Davidoff, though, you'd think they'd want to be associated and at least mention it.

Before Scott's posting, I didn't know they were affiliated with Davidoff, either.

I don't think they're Davidoffs, because my retailer also made a comment about his rep not knowing anything about the Second Growth cigars. I think it's pretty safe to assume they're not a Davidoff product. Now, whether Henke Kelner is involved or not I do not know.

As for Davidoff related news, his rep told him they were releasing a limited special belicoso this Christmas.

I went to the Davidoff store on Madison Avenue and they said they didn't now about this cigar too. I did see a new cigar they had both belicoso and churchill size, they said it just was delivered this week. I didn't bother to look at it as I was interested in the Claros.

I don't think they're Davidoffs, because my retailer also made a comment about his rep not knowing anything about the Second Growth cigars. I think it's pretty safe to assume they're not a Davidoff product. Now, whether Henke Kelner is involved or not I do not know.

As for Davidoff related news, his rep told him they were releasing a limited special belicoso this Christmas.

They aren't Davidoff made. They're being made by cigar agency. I don't even know if Henke blended them...

Edit: They are made at Davidoff's Dominican factory. 52x7 3/4. Possibly blended by Henke... But they don't specifically say it is. Dominican and honduran filler Dominican binder ecuadorian wrapper. that's all I've got.

Yea...that sounds better.

Davidoff and 'Second' anything just wouldn't seem right! ;)

Yes, I was wrong they aren't by Davidoff, miscommunication with the cigar shop. Here is the info on them.

http://www.second-growth.com/home.php

Yes, I was wrong they aren't by Davidoff, miscommunication with the cigar shop. Here is the info on them.

I'm asking Rod to ban you!!!!

Raising a Davidoff fan's expectations like that.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm asking Rod to ban you!!!!

Raising a Davidoff fan's expectations like that.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lynch the fugger! Besides I don't think wine and cigars pair very well at all. Unless of course it's port.

Doc.

I wish we could try these without buying the whole box. I'm curious as to the taste these would have. However, my concern is that they're banking on the Bordeaux barrel boxes flavoring the cigars and I'm questioning (without reason, just questioning) the quality of tobacco they are using. After all, that is the key piece here. The linen bands and fancy boxes are nice, but in the end, it's the tobacco that counts. This is almost like the cognac fusioning people have tried, but with wine barrel boxes. I've never been a big fan of any type of flavoring or infusion, I guess the whole marketing and rarity got me looking at this...

Sorry about the Davidoff scare, I know a lot of people were probably half hard about it, but hey, a guy makes mistakes sometimes! :p :sign: :0

Hey Tony, next time you're at that Madison Avenue store, will you see if they have any of the Madison Ave blends left?

Does anyone know anything about these? I received a phone call from one of the shops I purchase from saying this was a new cigar they were getting in next week, 1000 boxes worldwide, 300 to the US. I'm not surprised to see more limited cigars coming out, but figured someone here knew the scoop on these. I understand this is a blend from Henke Kelner and they are limited, that's all I know though. Any information on these would be appreciated.

Check our B/S/T forum!

:thumbs: