• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Winston Churchill Churchill or: damn it I didn't want to like it as much as I did

StewNasty69

Well-Known "Member"

Visually, it was a mostly pretty stick. Wrapper had a few imperfections and a little "lip" up near the band that I think I got a pic of. Threw me off because Davidoff is supposed to be the peak of perfection in presentation.
In the hand, it felt like a pretty firm, well packed and even rolled stick with no soft spots that I found.
Used a straight cut a bit above the shoulder line. Cigar had a pretty tight draw, not exactly plugged and still workable. I cut it a little lower but that didn't do anything.

Cold draw: Again, a bit tight of a draw, so I couldn't get a whole lot off of it but I picked up on a bit of well aged hay. On the back of the tongue, there was just the *slightest* hint of pepper, which was a pleasant surprise.

First third: I'm greeted by the flavor of raw cashew at first. The first half inch burned a bit wavy, but a singular touch up corrected that. About an inch in it turns into a roasted cashew butter flavor that gets joined by a aged grass/hay flavor that I got on the cold draw. It's just oh so slightly sweet and I get flavors of malt on the retrohale. The body is solidly light but has a surprisingly chewy mouthfeel and notable amount of flavor for the lessened smoke production due to the tighter draw.

Second third: Right as I crack into the second third an indeterminate spice makes itself known on the back of the tongue, something maybe akin to nutmeg. The retrohale still has that malty flavor, but it's gotten much sweeter and reminds me of the malt syrups used in modern beer brewing. The cashew flavor fades about halfway in and is replaced by another nut flavor. Maybe macadamia, I can't quite tell. Entire third is rather naturally sweet and very pleasant being as much. Halfway through, that very slight pepper from the cold draw is very far back and is a nice counter to the sweetness. The body has crept up a hair off of light and the mouthfeel remains chewy and is joined by a buttery aspect. Burn has a couple slight waves, but it self-corrects.

Final third: As the final third starts, the body ups itself once again to a solid mediumish. The nutty flavor has left the party and the baking spice aspect has replaced it at the forefront. The vague sweetness has now turned into an orange-blossom honey like flavor. It's starting to get a bit wavy and I have to touch it up a couple times. Baking spice keeps building up into a solid medium body and in the last inch and a half is joined by what I think is a jasmine flavor and ends on those notes.

I made it a point to slow my smoking, something smoking that V lancero reminded me of, and really enjoy this stick, which paid dividends. This stick gave me the impression of some very well aged tobacco, but I'm unsure if that's actually the case. I'm not going to lie, it was fantastic and I normally don't go for the lighter sticks. I really didn't want to enjoy it as much as I did, given how much Davidoff's cost, but c'est la vie. Thank god I'm union and can subsidize these sticks with overtime.