• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DC Gridiron Greats?

jorel

My B&M taunted me with a single of the Diamond Crown Gridiron Greats cigar. Couple of websites say it was released late last year and features a cameroon wrapper (not one of DC's standards). Anyway - searched here but didn't see anything. Has anyone tried it? Supposedly only 700 boxes made. Wondered if I should care that my B&M was not gonna share.

John

P.M me your addy and Ill send one for you to try
Then you can let us know :whistling:

They are very tasty but on the mild side. Nice creamy smoke though. The GIGs were sold at DC lounges at first. Then they extended them to retailers. 700 boxes made and the filler has some of the same tobacco used in the Stanfords. At $16, not so nice. At, $10-$11, a wonderful treat that will develop nicely with some age.

P.M me your addy and Ill send one for you to try
Then you can let us know :whistling:

Woo hoo! You know I also have never tried the Opus X Football or the Cohiba Behike if you have extras of those to toss in. :)

I have a stick that iS shaped kind of like a football but its made ny Drew estates do you want it?

Thanks to Donzz for sending me the Gridiron Great - a special release by Diamond Crown. Am generally fan of all things made by Fuente, so was drawn to checking out the Gridiron Great. A portion of sales goes to the Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund to provide hands-on assistance and financial aid to help retired NFL players deal with some of the hardships they may encounter after football.

Another reason I was drawn to this cigar - my local B&M opened a box of "regular" CT wrapper Diamond Crowns he ordered (side note, he has been a direct B&M with Fuente for years). He found what appeared to be Gridiron Greats. But after calling Fuente to confirm what he was sent (since he hadn't ordered them), they admitted a few boxes had been shipped that had been banded incorrectly. (Note the real Gridiron Great is a churchill - not a torpedo.)

The true GG (pictured on the left) has a cameroon wrapper. As my B&M Frank says - no one does cameroon like Fuente. While the price point is a bit high (about $20 with CT taxes), the Gridiron Great was an overall awesome smoke - medium bodied but an interesting smoke all the way to the end. No harshness - just great tobacco - Fuente-made smoothness. Great construction - an enjoyable hourlong+ smoke.

John

5111786804_d8e3f2056f.jpg

Thanks to Donzz for sending me the Gridiron Great - a special release by Diamond Crown. Am generally fan of all things made by Fuente, so was drawn to checking out the Gridiron Great. A portion of sales goes to the Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund to provide hands-on assistance and financial aid to help retired NFL players deal with some of the hardships they may encounter after football.

Another reason I was drawn to this cigar - my local B&M opened a box of "regular" CT wrapper Diamond Crowns he ordered (side note, he has been a direct B&M with Fuente for years). He found what appeared to be Gridiron Greats. But after calling Fuente to confirm what he was sent (since he hadn't ordered them), they admitted a few boxes had been shipped that had been banded incorrectly. (Note the real Gridiron Great is a churchill - not a torpedo.)

The true GG (pictured on the left) has a cameroon wrapper. As my B&M Frank says - no one does cameroon like Fuente. While the price point is a bit high (about $20 with CT taxes), the Gridiron Great was an overall awesome smoke - medium bodied but an interesting smoke all the way to the end. No harshness - just great tobacco - Fuente-made smoothness. Great construction - an enjoyable hourlong+ smoke.

John

5111786804_d8e3f2056f.jpg

Sounds like a good cigar.
Have you try the DC Maximus? If so how do they compare?

Well the DC Maximus is on a different level in my book. Rich maduro - which is my preference - an overall dang good cigar.

John