• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DC Maximus Robusto

LC-Smoker

Have you seen my stapler?
So I came into a few of these sticks at a great price, so I decided to smoke the robusto saturday. I had one nearly a year ago and enjoyed it very much.

It was a nice day here in Virginia so I sat out and had this smoke with a nice glass of Whiskers Blake Tawny Port.

The cigar was incredibly well constructed as it burnt even the entire time with firm grey ash.

The complex flavor picked up almost immediately with hints of both wood and nuts (maybe almonds, not too sure). Whatever the exact flavor, it was dramatically enhanced by the port which had a wonderful synergistic interaction with this cigar.

The cigar smoke great, with tons of light, ethereal smoke.

The flavor was pretty constant throughout however it did pick up a bit of intensity and became a bit earthy in it's waning moments.

Overall it was a splendid cigar that was medium to full bodied with deep, complex flavors.

Great review. DCM Robusto #5's are excellent. They are one of my top 5 favorites! Thanks for the review. :thumbs:

I really like the DCM too and once in a while you can find them at list which makes them even better. :)

I have one in the humi yet to be smoked, waiting for a nice day outside here in Chicago so that I can sit out and enjoy a smoke.

It's definalty a cigar you should devote some time to. Smooth and a finger burner. I love them. :thumbs:

I tried my first one a few days ago while waiting for a friend to come over and brew some beer. I must say that it was good, but I didn't think it was worth what I paid for it.

It was almost black in color and was one of the hardest damned sticks I've come across. I could have used it for a hammer! But the draw was absolutely perfect. Because it was packed so well, it held onto the ash for a good inch and a half before being persuaded to fall.

The flavor was striking and nice at the beginning. Earthy and full, but not dirty. When I hit the middle, I swear I was smoking a Hershey bar, there was that much chocolate flavor. Everything was going fine until the end. There was a distinct smell and taste of ammonia that almost made me throw up. I'm sure I just got a hold of a young one, but jeez, I wished the guy at the shop told me.

Good cigar, but I think they need to be a couple of dollars cheaper. I'd rather smoke a CAO MX2 at almost half the price.

DC Maximus...yummmmmy.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, Patrick. I didn't have a chance to smoke one from the box this weekend (too many other things that needed smoking :) ). Look forward to one this week maybe.

Truly one of my favorites.

They've been a little inconsistent for me, which is strange considering Diamond Crown is usually excellent from stick to stick.

I've had some that were terrific and others that have been duds. I'll still smoke them and like them, I just won't buy any. :D