• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DC Sniper

I have to agree with Barak on this point. :0 as much as I hate to admit it, I spoke in hast when this came up McP. After carefull consideration I think Barak is correct. "I am God" does not sound like something a Muslim would say, and I don't think a ME Terrorist would have a ransom demand.

PuroBrat said:
I have to agree with Barak on this point. :0
I think the world stopped turning on its' axis :0

Those remarks do throw me off too, but I wonder if they are built-in diversions to who is responsible. It seems they caught someone, so we will see if that father-son combo is responsible.

Mac-How about a couple angry black guys. Hmmm?

Barak-Be thankful you live in a place where they don't kill you for ideas, at least, not often.

Dweeber-LMAO

All-I'm done with this conversation.

NA
:D

McPatrickClan said:
emodx said:
I wouldn't make such blanket remarks like that...Not only does it make a ethnic group look bad, it makes you look bad.

Emo
BARAK: Watch this debate between me and Emo. This is how you discuss comments or perspectives without bordering on a flame war.

EMO: How so? The vast majority of our recent problems seem to have come from Middle Eastern men and frankly, they make up a lot of the terrorist network that attempts to befuddle us and terrify us into not living our American lives. I am not a bigot. Hey, others even agreed with me! ???
I believe people that stereotyping middle eastern men as the majorityof terrorists is the easy way out. People in general want to associate a group or a person with horror and terror because it helps the average person cope with what is happening. The average person, especially males, will develop anger in place of compassion and sadness in situations like this. Because the sniper doesn't have a name or a face, people will associate the easiest person(s) with these heinous murders.
Yes, there are middle eastern people that commit terrorist acts. Yes, there is violence in the middle east. But there are "home grown" terrorists in most countries in this world. Japan, Germany, England, US....the list goes on. Easier to point the figer at someone else than it is to point the finger at a red blooded American. I say don't point a finger some other group because of their beliefs until you look in your own back yard first and see what your neighbors believe in. I think people forget more often than not how diverse the beliefs of Americans are.

Emo

Emo, I don't usually say this, but I seriously believe you are digging too deeply into my comment. It was a mere prediction. I predicted that the shooter would be of Middle Eastern origin. That doesn't imply, in any way, that I think less of Middle Eastern males.

Here's another one: I predict that Lee-bo is white. Does that mean I am making blanket statements about whites?

???

My long winded post was in response to Barak. The short one previous to that was my opinion on your post. But I dont think I am looking to far into this. This sniper attack is a major incident that I have been putting deep thought into. I just happened to voice my opion, thats all.

Emo

NBC, MSNBC AND NEWS SERVICES

ROCKVILLE, Md., Oct. 24 — A rifle capable of firing the type of bullets used in the Washington-area sniper attacks was found in the car where two men linked to the case were arrested overnight, NBC News has learned. A former Army soldier and a teenager, arrested at a Maryland rest stop, could be charged with murder later Thursday, law enforcement sources told NBC. The two were identified as John Allen Muhammad, 41, and Lee Malvo, 17. Said one source: “The general sentiment is we got our guys. These are the guys.”

NA :thumbs:

McPatrickClan said:
Mark this: The sniper is a Middle Eastern terrorist who will most likely strike in a place of fun or supermarket. His pattern is one where he paralyzes American life. He has struck many places so people will not do those things anymore.

I will personally flip the switch on this sick-o.
Has anybody else noticed, while the guy they have in custody is NOT Middle Eastern, he IS a Muslim Convert. ???

Now comes the hard part.....which state do they get tried in if charged with the killings? Maryland doesn't have the death penalty! Virginia does! :0

This bastid definitely needs to go to the gurney in my opinion!!

brutal_35.gif

Only for the weapons charge, while they gather evidence to link him th the shootings (I thought)

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Maryland doesn't have the death penalty! Virginia does! :0
Maryland has the death penalty. Its not used very often. This is one case where it should be used though! :angry:

I'm editing my previous comment above:

I forgot all about the "temporary death penalty moratorium" Maryland declared. So send his ass to Va.

Barak said:
My guess is that soon one group of jackbooted government thugs or another (there are so many these days) will blast some poor shlemiel into a dozen bloody chunks, loudly proclaim him to have been The Sniper, and present hastily-generated evidence to that effect. Dissenters will be shouted down, possibly even to the point of having their patriotism questioned by John Ashcroft (probably not killed--after all, this isn't the Clinton administration), and mention of further sniper-like shootings will be either suppressed by the sycophant media or dismissed as copycats.
Bad guess IMO. :lookup:

Are the black helicopters still circling outside? :lookup: ROFLMAO!

Allofus123 said:
Bad guess IMO. :lookup:
Yup, could be. They didn't kill him.

A few things don't add up, though. When it comes to being a sniper, this Mohammed guy is a really bad fit.

First: to be politically incorrect, I am acquainted with a number of precision shooters, and not a single one of them is black. I've met a few black hunters, and a number of black gang members who like to hold their Glocks sideways and trash-talk their targets before ripping through a whole magazine without a single hit; but precision shooting seems to be a vastly white (or at least non-black) sport, like billiards or bowling. (I know, that's not conclusive.)

Second: a Bushmaster AR-15? There's a bunch of reasons why a semiauto rifle, especially a military-looking one, is less than ideal for a role like this--not the least of which is the fact that it explosively ejects its empties, which can bounce around and find their way into really inconvenient places where they remain behind as evidence.

Third: a tripod? Either the media has no idea what it's talking about, or...well, the media has no idea what it's talking about. You use a tripod for a medium or heavy machine gun, not a rifle. During WWII, the Germans and Japanese (and perhaps the Russians; I can't remember) tried mounting small arms on tall, skinny tripods so that they could more easily be used against aircraft, but the idea didn't work out. With a rifle, you use a bipod if you're prone or benched, or sometimes a taller monopod if you're sitting or standing.

Fourth: they said the gun was found in the car, and a scope was found in the car. I haven't heard them say yet that the scope was mounted on the gun. That's a big red flag: every time you remount a scope, you have to rezero the rifle by firing at least one group on paper (more like several if you don't have a dual-reticle scope like the ones made by Dan Shepherd). It'd be a little silly for a fugitive sniper to spend a lot of time either in a public range among people who know about guns, or somewhere in the country where folks who are paranoid about gunfire might hear him.

Finally, the first several attacks were done pretty professionally; then all of a sudden we began being told that the sniper was doing some really stupid stuff--bragging to police and acquaintances, leaving notes, making phone calls, etc. Now maybe he started out professionally and the pressure of infamy got to him and turned him into a blithering idiot; or maybe not. I dono.

I can't say for sure, but this whole scenario could have been fairly easily constructed by somebody who really wants to give black people, Muslims, AR-15s, and riflescopes a bad name. We'll wait and see. I think it'd be a really bad idea to do a Timothy McVeigh and execute him before we have the whole story.

Of course, you could just as easily be right.

Are the black helicopters still circling outside? :lookup: ROFLMAO!
Oops, bad example. The Army has admitted to the black helicopters; they're used by Special Operations to practice urban assaults. There was an embarrassing situation in Brownsville TX a couple of years ago where the Army assaulted an abandoned building without warning the neighbors, and a few people almost got killed by Texans with guns who thought they were being invaded for real.

Try it this way: "Are the Russians still digging that tunnel under Idaho?"