• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DC Sniper

Oh.....My...God...
Barak, you sound intelligent. You write beautifully. You have an excellent grasp of the english language and convey your points in a concise and lucid manner. Yet, you can't step in horse**** without thinking the government was involved in some way. Mcveigh was guilty. Koresh killed himself.
NA

SamClemmons said:
Oh.....My...God...
Barak, you sound intelligent. You write beautifully. You have an excellent grasp of the english language and convey your points in a concise and lucid manner. Yet, you can't step in horse**** without thinking the government was involved in some way.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you. (You don't have to refer to me as God, though; just go down briefly on one knee before you address me, and we'll call it even. :) )

With more than half the gross revenue of this country going directly to support the government, I'd say it had better be involved in at least half of the stuff that goes on, or else we're not getting our money's worth--don'tcha think?

Mcveigh was guilty. Koresh killed himself.
Obviously McVeigh was guilty--but just as obviously, that's not the whole story. Now McVeigh's dead and we'll probably never know the whole story.

On the other hand, there are a whole lot of reasons to think Koresh and his congregation were killed by the government, and only one reason to think they weren't--namely, the government says so.

As I said, there's a decent chance that you're right about the sniper: he let his celebrity go to his head and made stupid mistakes until even the police could catch him, with enough help from the general public. It seems that someone who began in such a professional manner would know a little more about being a sniper, but perhaps that was just luck.

The key here is not to assume the government is always lying, but to treat it just like any other source of information: you figure out what spin on the situation would be to its advantage, and then you place a fair amount of credibility on government reports that contradict that spin, and look for confirmation from non-government sources for government reports that reinforce that spin. You don't have to make the government into the Devil Incarnate--as a matter of fact, that's a dangerous thing to do. All you do is assume that it, like any other human or human organization, is going to use the resources available to it to act in its own self-interest. The only difference is that the government, unlike any other organization, has as one of its resources legal coercive force.

Creepy_spy.gif

Don't mind me..... just pretend you never saw me! :lookup:

Barak said:
First: to be politically incorrect, I am acquainted with a number of precision shooters, and not a single one of them is black. I've met a few black hunters, and a number of black gang members who like to hold their Glocks sideways and trash-talk their targets before ripping through a whole magazine without a single hit; but precision shooting seems to be a vastly white (or at least non-black) sport, like billiards or bowling. (I know, that's not conclusive.)

Fourth: they said the gun was found in the car, and a scope was found in the car. I haven't heard them say yet that the scope was mounted on the gun. That's a big red flag: every time you remount a scope, you have to rezero the rifle by firing at least one group on paper (more like several if you don't have a dual-reticle scope like the ones made by Dan Shepherd). It'd be a little silly for a fugitive sniper to spend a lot of time either in a public range among people who know about guns, or somewhere in the country where folks who are paranoid about gunfire might hear him.

Finally, the first several attacks were done pretty professionally; then all of a sudden we began being told that the sniper was doing some really stupid stuff--bragging to police and acquaintances, leaving notes, making phone calls, etc. Now maybe he started out professionally and the pressure of infamy got to him and turned him into a blithering idiot; or maybe not. I dono.

I can't say for sure, but this whole scenario could have been fairly easily constructed by somebody who really wants to give black people, Muslims, AR-15s, and riflescopes a bad name. We'll wait and see. I think it'd be a really bad idea to do a Timothy McVeigh and execute him before we have the whole story.

Of course, you could just as easily be right.

Are the black helicopters still circling outside? :lookup:   ROFLMAO!
Oops, bad example. The Army has admitted to the black helicopters; they're used by Special Operations to practice urban assaults. There was an embarrassing situation in Brownsville TX a couple of years ago where the Army assaulted an abandoned building without warning the neighbors, and a few people almost got killed by Texans with guns who thought they were being invaded for real.

Try it this way: "Are the Russians still digging that tunnel under Idaho?"
Reporters: They tend to be dumb for most accounts. If they were top of their field, they wouldnt be your every day reporter. So if they report tripod, a man of your intelligence should realize that what reporters report, isn't exactly something you would admit as evidence. Probably a bi-pod.

Second, for arguements sake, the sniper only used the scope when he wasnt inside the vehicle. Given the restraints of shooting through a fairly small hole, this seems obvious. But, if you were using a scope, you could zero it in for say, 300 yards. Then park between 250-350 yards away. That would accout between a kill and a wound. And to be honest, I really believe the sniper wanted a clean kill.

Added to that, I remember that the media reported that some shots were fire within 400 yards(tree line area). If the sniper was within the vehicle, the distance could shorten by quite a lot. Having shot and M-16, placing a round at 200 yards is well within a sharp shooters capabilities.

If the shooter was firing an AR-15, giving the set up of the vehicle, the shooter may have been within distance where a scope is not needed. What differance if it is not a likely weapon. The suspect haaas working knowledge of automatic rifles.

So what if the "military-looking" rifle projects shell casings...One shot, one casing...easy to control.

The quote that I have is what I want to point out is included. Race has nothing to do with ones shooting abilities. Because you dont personally know a black sharp shooter is irevellant.

The only thing I hear within this noise is this: Make sure the people we have are the right persons. According to conspiracies, the weapon could be planted, and money already sent to keep the real shooter quiet. Otherwise, keep your race related comments to yourself. On top of that, I am politcally as laid back as they come, but either post something about cigars or shut up. This forum isn't about politics. It is about cigars. While you post on topics that "have a political agenda", every one else here wants to talk about cigars(for the most part). In fact, your posting is borderline trolling. Granted you don't attack persons, you attack beliefs people hold true. Yes you are entitled to what you believe in, but take the political noise to a political board. Or else post something cigars damn-it. :angry:

Emo

Barak, if you want to "debate" :lookup: people and expand your mind (or did you use the term challenge? either way....) may I suggest you try a place called Cigar Family

Talk about chewing you up and spitting you out....... ;) :D

Go to that site and travel to the forum area. Good luck.... you're going to need it! :sneaky:

Couldn't have said it better if I tried Emo!!!

LOL@Kenny, yup he'll need it. When MBE and The Master are through with him, he'll be hamburger :p :D I will want to read that thread for sure!!!

McPatrick: Trolling is when someone makes posts for the sole purpose of getting into a debate. Kindof like when you are Bass Fishing, you move slowly along the shore casting out Lures (fake Food) in hopes that an unsuspecting Fish will bite. So, for Barak, we are the Fish and CP is the shore.

To quote the folks over at CF:

Don't Feed The Trolls

That said I'll have to apoligze myself, for I also responded (I took the trolled bait myself) ???

Wascal

I think this thread has gone far enough. No matter what your politcal views are, the Snipers have been caught, so we should all be grateful for that.

This is a cigar message forum, not a politcal forum. The lobby is here to have fun, not to try and get a rise out of other members. I don't like censorship nor do I like having to lock threads, so let's put this thread to rest. Again, if you wish to engage in political crossfire, there are plenty of other forums dedicated to it. Again, we are a CIGAR FORUM, so let's keep it fun and friendly, and NOT political.

If you disagree with my post, EMAIL OR PM ME.

Thank you, and enjoy the forums...

Rod