• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

De La Hoya vs. Pacquiao

NASTY

Cold Fire
I have been hating this guy Chicken De La Hoya for years. Namely because he didn't want to give Sweet Pea a rightfully deserved rematch; only to offer a rematch after Trinidad broke Sweet Pea's jaw almost 12 years later. He constantly ran from fights and hand picked his opponents. All the fights he was forced to take, he lost. Trinidad, Mosely, Hopkins, Mayweather. He was never a champion in my eyes. This fight he picked because he didn't want to fight a true welterweight or middleweight. He ran from Paul Williams, Miguel Cotto & Antonio Margarito. He promised a fight with Margarito if he beat Cotto....a promise that he obviously didn't fulfill.

An all around punk and chicken, he subsequently hand picked Pacquiao, a boxer who was then 5 weight classes below him, to fight. Pac-man, is the current pound for pound fighter in the world. No way he would back down from a challenge; he accepted the fight.

Tonight, in front of Chicken De La Hoya's fans, on De La Hoya's Golden Boy productions, he got taught a lesson. He got taught how to box, tie his shoes and cross on the green, not in between. Yes it was that type of fight. It was so much of a fight that the mighty Chicken De La Hoya took a page from Roberto Duran and said, "No Mas," after the 8th Round. Chicken De La Hoya did not win not one round. He cemented his legacy, which is, when it counted, he don't count.

Yep wasn't much of a contest at'all. Oscar kept blocking Manny's straight lefts with his face and was looking like puff pastry by the end. The skills were completely lacking for pretty boy.
Too bad, i was looking forward to a closer fight, but the fighter i was rooting for won in the end.
Go Pac man!

Never could stand De La Hoya, a real pompous individual from what I hear (from people who know him personally). He wouldn't last one round if he went up against someone he didn't pick. Wish I saw this fight, would have liked to have seen him get his a$$ handed to him. :)

I've never cared one way or the other about De La Hoya, but after reading your take on him Nasty, I wish I would have seen the fight. You know, once you go Hollywood, you can never come back. Just like Coldgay. I mean Coldplay. I liked their first two albums, then dude hooked up with Ms. Hollywood, and they spiraled into the empty black hole of pop-garbage.

Hey, easy on the use of the word 'punk' because I don't want to be associated with de la Hoya. :laugh: Not at all. I agree with the comments, he was always more concerned about his image than about his skills.

In no way, shape or form was I trying to commingle or establish any association between De La Hoya and you, punk_lawyer. However, I do hear you have posed in some cat suit with fishnets, much like De La Hoya. :laugh:

In no way, shape or form was I trying to commingle or establish any association between De La Hoya and you, punk_lawyer. However, I do hear you have posed in some cat suit with fishnets, much like De La Hoya. :laugh:

You paid me well for those pictures and you said they would be for your personal use only!!! Now, hush up about it or Jorel will not send you the pictures of himself wearing a diaper and sucking on a pacifier. :laugh:

He sent the picture already. Wanna see?

flute.jpg

I have been hating this guy Chicken De La Hoya for years. Namely because he didn't want to give Sweet Pea a rightfully deserved rematch; only to offer a rematch after Trinidad broke Sweet Pea's jaw almost 12 years later. He constantly ran from fights and hand picked his opponents. All the fights he was forced to take, he lost. Trinidad, Mosely, Hopkins, Mayweather. He was never a champion in my eyes. This fight he picked because he didn't want to fight a true welterweight or middleweight. He ran from Paul Williams, Miguel Cotto & Antonio Margarito. He promised a fight with Margarito if he beat Cotto....a promise that he obviously didn't fulfill.

An all around punk and chicken, he subsequently hand picked Pacquiao, a boxer who was then 5 weight classes below him, to fight. Pac-man, is the current pound for pound fighter in the world. No way he would back down from a challenge; he accepted the fight.

Tonight, in front of Chicken De La Hoya's fans, on De La Hoya's Golden Boy productions, he got taught a lesson. He got taught how to box, tie his shoes and cross on the green, not in between. Yes it was that type of fight. It was so much of a fight that the mighty Chicken De La Hoya took a page from Roberto Duran and said, "No Mas," after the 8th Round. Chicken De La Hoya did not win not one round. He cemented his legacy, which is, when it counted, he don't count.

I think you're confusing a sport with a business.

Boxing has always been a business and De La Hoya has become the biggest promoter in the world. He's only taken fights where he could generate the most revenue. Not everyone wanted to see a De La Hoya vs. Whittaker, I know I didn't.

Go to http://www.goldenboypromotions.com/fighter...hters_index.htm and see the fighters he handels. You're bound to notice one Manny Pacquiao and Bernard Hopkins to name a few.

You want to fight De La Hoya you'd better be in his stable or you'd better be able to generate the Do Re Mi.

Yeah you may not like him but he's swimming in money because he doesn't just use his head for a punching bag (except for this past Saturday) :whistling:

Boxing has always been a business and De La Hoya has become the biggest promoter in the world. He's only taken fights where he could generate the most revenue. Not everyone wanted to see a De La Hoya vs. Whittaker, I know I didn't.

Go to http://www.goldenboypromotions.com/fighter...hters_index.htm and see the fighters he handels. You're bound to notice one Manny Pacquiao and Bernard Hopkins to name a few.

You want to fight De La Hoya you'd better be in his stable or you'd better be able to generate the Do Re Mi.

Yeah you may not like him but he's swimming in money because he doesn't just use his head for a punching bag (except for this past Saturday) :whistling:

Bernard Hopkins actually runs Golden Boy East.

I always like De La Hoya and it was almost sad to see his fall from perceived grace on Saturday. The crazy part is he really must've been beaten senseless because he never said that he wouldn't fight anymore. He left the door open to the possibility of a future bout(s). Crazy!

I really hoped it wouldn't have been such a one-sided fight.

DLH had the majority of the crowd, but you could hear everyone chanting "manny". He has some incredible speed.

The undercards were rediculously one-sided as well.

Manny isn't a KO fighter, but had this fight went on another couple of rounds, he would've knocked that bum on his ass

I did watch this fight, and it was nothing more than a sanctioned one-man ass-kicking exhibition. I enjoyed it :)

More truth, you'll not find. It's all about the money for him now and his last few appearnces. The thing is he's robbing a losers purse because he doesn't intend to win anyway. Can't be much longer that the promoters and the public will not support him.