• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Death in family

Pugman1943

In memory of my son-in-law:

Shawn Purkey - 45 years old, suddenly, leaving a wife and two great grandkids, Jacob 14 and Samuel 10

I only ask, that if you pray, his family could appreciate the prayers and the goodness that will follow according to Gods will.

He was a good guy, definitely a mans man. He was a god provider and a very loving father.

Shawn was a RN at Medical City in the childrens ICU ward. He loved what he did, and he did what he did with vigor, intelligence and care.

He was an avid sportsman in particular with pistols and rifles. The man knew how to shot. He talked ammo, bullet weight, fps, grains,velocity and pretty much anything else that was associated with firearms. He took trips to Wyoming and Arkansas for shooting get togethers

He taught his sons the skills, boar hunted, dear hunted and was an avid plinker.

I tried to corrupt him into our cigar world, but he could never find the taste or the reason. At least we shared several drinks together and got the ahhhh for a smooth shot of whatever was handy.

So this this is for Shawn as a memory that while we were not bosom buddies, he was a good guy and I will (and his family) will miss him.

Thanks BOTL's

Ed

Terribly sorry to hear Ed, my condolences to you and most especially to the family he left behind.

Ed,

I am sorry to hear about your family's loss. I am not a praying man anymore, but I am saddened for those left with the loss of a loved one; and will keep them in my thoughts.

Best wishes at a hard time.

-Mike

Awful to hear, Ed. Will definitely keep the family in my thoughts. I'll toast a cigar to his honor tomorrow.

Sorry to hear the new Ed. Let me know if you need anything.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

prayers sent for strength and guidance through this difficult time Ed.

There's some ancient wisdom my people always recite at these times:

Cattle die, kinsmen die
We ourselves die too
One thing I know that doesn't die
The good name we leave behind.

Strength, weal, and comfort to you and yours.

~Boar

Ed,
So sorry to hear about the loss in the family. Stay strong. Thoughts and prayers to you and the family.

Sorry for the loss of a good man in your family Ed, prayers and condolences to you and your family.

Sorry to hear this Ed. I'm not much of a praying man, but I will definitely say a little something for Shawn.

My condolences, sir. Your family is in my thoughts.

It is a tough time Ed, stay strong. My condolences and prayers.

Ken

Ed, I'm very sorry to hear this. He sounds like a really great guy. My prayers to you and your families