• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Deer hunting with my cigars

Ironworker

CP's Official Construction Contractor
I just got back from hunting and the outfitter was continually making comments about me smoking cigars and the deer smelling them and then running off before i could shoot.

I told the outfitter that I always smoke cigars while hunting. 2/3rds of the way through a bolivar belicoso I snagged this bad boy:

600_03560005_Quick_e-mail_view.jpg

photo taken 12-16-07

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOGGIE!!!!!!

well, so much for the deer running from the cigar smell theory! Nicy trophy!

Outstanding buck, Rich! :thumbs:

Range, Rifle, Grain? Inquiring minds want to know!

I used to live in a very old hunting lodge, complete with a huge library, I remember reading a book printed many moons ago that encouraged smoking a pipe or a cigar while hunting to mask your scent, and intrigue the deer. I doubt a cigarette would work due to the overwhelming amount of chemicals.

Great deer! I was thinking about smoking while hunting a few weeks ago, but decided not to because of the scent. Comparing my results to yours........

I should have smoked.

D

I used to live in a very old hunting lodge, complete with a huge library, I remember reading a book printed many moons ago that encouraged smoking a pipe or a cigar while hunting to mask your scent, and intrigue the deer. I doubt a cigarette would work due to the overwhelming amount of chemicals.

When I was younger I went deer hunting with my dad's father in law a few times in Kentucky. He smoked Marlboros one after another the whole time we were in the woods. I remember thinking how that went against everything I had ever learned about hunting. Yet somehow he had managed to keep his freezer full of meat. I don't really think that it matters too much if you are rifle hunting and set up with the wind in your favor.

Nice Buck! I believe the smoke attracts them , I was smoking one of my CAO Mx2 Daggers when I hit one with my truck. . . LOL

Love the tenderloins first!

Nice Buck! I believe the smoke attracts them , I was smoking one of my CAO Mx2 Daggers when I hit one with my truck. . . LOL

Love the tenderloins first!

I just spit Chicken Express Sweet Tea everywhere....

Hell, maybe I should try that, I've only gotten a doe thus far.