• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Del Gato

wkoti

Flaky McFlakerton
So I've been searching for a while and haven't found a thing. So I figured I'd branch out to the folks at CP for some help. I saw this humidor and was immediately intrigued by one of the cigar sizes they have painted on the box. I've never seen or heard of it before. I don't know the vintage of the humidor, nor if it was a company exclusive size or a standard size back in the day. Here on some photos of the humidor with this cigar vitola on it. (1 1/2 x 31) I did not take these pictures!

image_zpscd97df35.jpg

photo_zps7feb8d4a.jpg

^^ winning ! ^^

But seriously CJ, its pretty obvious it a nub forgotten there and then was painted on the artifact of past civilisations.

I don't know how ancient the civilization is... they had the Hemingway Short Story back then.

I didn't understand your text at the time, but now that I know,  NO I DO NOT WANT TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR DEL GATO!

It reminds me of a Pepin Firecracker

I think I still have a few around, if you make it up here.

Quite a bit smaller than the fire cracker, but I'll take you up on that!

Why do all of these threads turn into a CJ bashing extravaganza?

You have not heard the summer CP theme ?

' kick him while he's down'

;-)

Undegreed said:

X2

We're suffering from 'Cigar Family Disease" lately. Seems cigar talk takes a backseat at times. Don't get me wrong, a little ball busting banter is OK once in a while, but it does seem to have dominated certain threads lately.

Let's be honest, CP is an equal opportunity ball buster. Some folks just keep raising their hand for another turn.

ironpeddler said:

X2

We're suffering from 'Cigar Family Disease" lately. Seems cigar talk takes a backseat at times. Don't get me wrong, a little ball busting banter is OK once in a while, but it does seem to have dominated certain threads lately.

Serious question for you Gary, how much discussion would you like for us to have about a cigar that none of us have probably ever seen or heard of?  It's a picture of a crude drawing on a box/humidor with no detail information.

Ok...to appease Gary.......CJ I've never seen a cigar in that size dimension, and it seems like a waste of tobacco to me.  I'm usually about done with a cigar when I get it down to that point because it starts to get hot, and difficult to hold/smoke.  The smallness of the rg might keep it cool for a few minutes, but to be honest that's no more than a 10-15 minute smoke tops.  Seems like a waste of time and effort to roll, or smoke a cigar that size.  

I'm as guilty as anyone of poking fun at CJ on multiple occassions.  Apparently I didn't realize that was frowned upon in this establishment, and it won't happen again.  Sorry to turn CP into a CF vibe (even though I haven't been on CF in probably 3+ years and know nothing of their culture.)

Bsneed51 said:

X2

Serious question for you Gary, how much discussion would you like for us to have about a cigar that none of us have probably ever seen or heard of?  It's a picture of a crude drawing on a box/humidor with no detail information.

I'm as guilty as anyone of poking fun at CJ on multiple occassions.  Apparently I didn't realize that was frowned upon in this establishment, and it won't happen again.  Sorry to turn CP into a CF vibe (even though I haven't been on CF in probably 3+ years and know nothing of their culture.)

Read what I wrote again, it was two separate comments. I didn't go looking for a serious discussion about a 1 1/2" cigar, just what would the merit of such a cigar bring to the palate. Regardless of how it was found and whether it had any serious legs to be discussed, it still was a legit cigar question that could have been discussed without busting CJ's balls about asking it.

Now, a serious question to you Sneedly, and I quote..."how much discussion would you like for us to have about a _______ cigar that none of us have probably ever seen or heard of?" What if I added the name 'Tatuaje' to that blank? Sound familiar? Questions like that are asked everyday on cigar forums..."have you guys heard about _____?" Isn't that one of the reasons we're all here...to learn about cigars?

Secondly, what I agreed with was the constant ball busting on a lot of threads that would seem to alienate newer members that aren't that familiar with the people here....it can be intimidating at times for a new member to jump in when the same old, personal banter occurs. I liken it to the 'Male Dog Syndrome'...some people have to pee on everything to claim it as their own. Why can't a legitimate cigar question be asked with it not being 'pee'd on' with the same old rhetoric? Like you, I'm guilty of it too...but I don't try to hammer a guy after every post he makes.

I honestly think your answer goes to an extreme by saying it's frowned upon. I think it can be applied and enjoyed in certain threads...like in a thread about someone getting bombed, or a birthday thread, or in the Sports Forum, Doc's 'Coming Soon' thread and so forth. But not CONSTANTLY in a Pass thread or when someone asks a perfectly good cigar question that will be archived as a reference for all to read years later. If a new member joins CP 2 years from now and reads CJ's current Pass thread, how long before he gets bored of the same old comments that have very little substance regarding cigars and moves on to another, more credible Pass thread?

As in Life, there is a time & place for all things. This was just my opinion and you don't have to agree with me Brent...and that's OK. But your opinion will not change the way I think just as my comment didn't resonate positively within you. It's those differences that make CP so special.

I'm now done peeing on this thread. :laugh: