• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diabetes and Cigars

I'm type 1 and I've seen an increase in blood sugar right after smoking.
That's why I'm trying to compensate, and taking more insulin for the first meal after smoking a cigar.
Has worked pretty good for me so far. I'll keep you guys updated.
(incase there is still any interest on this subject after 5 years)

Not only did you resurrect a five year old thread but I would caution anyone from discussing health issues on here and listening to any sort of advice. Self adjusting medication and other diabetics following your update would not be wise.

Sorry, there must have been a rule change within the last five years, that I didn't realize.

I'll give you some free medical advise. Diabetes patients have a reputation for not doing what they're told. It invariably leads to very unpleasant consequences. Do what your MD tells you to do. If he told you not to smoke, don't smoke. Don't cheat and don't fuck around.
Diabetes will effect everything from your toes to your eyeballs and everything in-between.

edited to add: Asking for advice about a serious illness on a cigar forum, probably ain't the smartest thing you've ever done.

Doc

I heard that as long as you only smoke puros, it won't be a problem. Oh, and what Doc said about advice on cigar forums...

I wasn't "asking" this question. I was just adding to a thread from 2007 that 19 people before me have already contributed to.
Free medical advice taken. For what it's worth.

And you are probably right, most diabetes patients don't care. Doesn't mean all of them.