• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diabetic smokers?

Tinnon55

I know this was a topic back in 08 with some of you guys. I'm new here so if me bringing this up again is wrong I apologize. I was curious if any of y'all that have diabetes have had any effects related to cigar smoking? High sugar, low sugar, ect. I've just gotten back into smoking cigars don't want to give it up. (I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary) Any info would be great. Thanks!

Probably a better question for your doctor. Each person is different. Good luck and be careful with your health first of all. :)

Probably a better question for your doctor. Each person is different. Good luck and be careful with your health first of all.
I like this answer. Otherwise, thankfully I doing have any other input.

Thanks for the replys. I keep my blood sugar under control and at levels of someone without diabetes. I was just curious if there were other diabetics out there with any input. Thanks guys

I am a non-insulin dependant diabetic. I really can't say that I have any ill effects from cigars. Now, if I would give up beer and buffalo wings, I would probably be better off. :whistling:

I am a non-insulin dependant diabetic. I really can't say that I have any ill effects from cigars. Now, if I would give up beer and buffalo wings, I would probably be better off.
Ditto! My doctor has recommended to quit smoking for other health reasons. However no effects to my Diabetes. I just love my cigars to much. I just believe I have a appointment with death with or without my cigar regardless!

I think cigar smoking would affect any diabetic in the same way. If you check with your doctor, he/she will recommend you cease smoking.

I have noticed no effect from cigars vis a vis my diabetes.