• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diamond Crown / Maximus

mhn

I was looking for some informaiton in the DC Maximus but Fuentes website only has the DC line. Are these in fact two seperate lines? I'm sooooo confused ???

I have that same question. I think that Maximus is a special line of DCs... but I can't say for sure.

Maximus (please correct me if I'm wrong) is no longer made ... so what's around is around.

EDIT: I stand corrected by Leebo, see below :)

The Diamond Crown Maximus was introduced a while back. There was a delay in getting them out due to some packaging issues. Carlito wasn't pleased with the packaging, thus, the long delay.

These are still being made and come in 4 or so sizes. I know there's a Churchill, a Toro #4, Pyramid and one other.

Very good cigar, but pricey!

Lee :D

thanks to joe invest, i can tell you that the
dc maximus toro #4 is veeeeerrrrrrryy good! :thumbs:

I heard from someone they stopped making them. I am gonna have to inform him that they are still in production. That is good to know.

Phil

mhn said:
where can one go about finding one?
well, i can go to arlington cigar. about 35 mi.
i s'pose when my check comes in, i could get
you one.

LuckyDawg said:
mhn said:
where can one go about finding one?
well, i can go to arlington cigar. about 35 mi.
i s'pose when my check comes in, i could get
you one.
that's not necessary...just curious as to how hard they are to find at local shops since I can't seem to find 'em online.

Mike,
I doubt you'll find them online at a reasonable price. I can help you out....

These will be a regular release by Fuente/ Newman. It's like everything else in high demand........it's all about being at the right place at the right time! :D

If you're in NOVA, I'd suggest trying Old Va. Tobacco or Draper's. That would be the best shot. When you buy regularly from your local shop, they will remember what you like and save some of the good stuff for you! I would highly recommend doing so.

Lee ;)

So I guess my question is - Is the Diamond Crown (not DC Maximus) still around? I just got my latest mailer from JC Newman, and they're promoting the new DC Maximus series.

I haven't heard of the regular line being done away with. I don't smoke them though, so I don't really keep up with those.

Lee

rknicker said:
So I guess my question is - Is the Diamond Crown (not DC Maximus) still around? I just got my latest mailer from JC Newman, and they're promoting the new DC Maximus series.
Yes the regular Diamond Crown is still around. The Maximus is just another line of Diamond Crown, just like Hemingways are just another line of AF.

And the DC Maximus is still made, not a special release, a little bit pricey though at 16 dollars a cigar, though they are damn good, smoked 1 have 2 in humidor.

From what I've read at CF... it seems the DC Maximus will be released similar to Opus X... just a few times a year and in limited quantities. There are 5 regularly released sizes...

No. 1 Robusto
No. 2 Toro
No. 3 Torpedo
No. 4 Churchill
No. 5 Double Corona

However... there will be an unreleased size soon! It's part of a Charity Event sponsored by the Fuentes and Newmans called "Cigar Toast Across America". It's on Nov 22nd, cost is $50 and only at 100 shops across the country. Your $50 donation to CFCF (Cigar Family Charitable Foundation) will get you two unreleased cigars... an Opus X and a DC Maximus... both 6.50 x 48.

I'm very fortunate that the authorized Fuente shop here in Honolulu was one of the lucky 100 shops and the owner is a buddy! :thumbs: :D It may be too late to get in on this but if you can find a ticket and you'd like to get an unreleased DC Maximus and Opus then this is the event for you! Good luck!

Aloha,

Wade

Yep I bought two tickets to it.

The Diamond Crown Maximus are in good supply at my shop. If anyone wants one let me know.

vewyphishy said:
The DC Max or DC robusto series?
The DC Max Series.

The other DC is the lighter one....is this the Robusto? As I am not sure I understand your post

I think you got it. My shop only carries the Robusto series... they don't carry any of the Maximus lines anymore. Just wondering which ones you could get.

vewyphishy said:
I think you got it. My shop only carries the Robusto series... they don't carry any of the Maximus lines anymore. Just wondering which ones you could get.
I will stop by and take a look tomorrow. They seem to run anywhere from 15 to 22 though. Pretty sure there are 3 varities they have. (Toro, Robuston, Pyramid)

I just stumbled across this site though that has very decent prices, not sure about stock though, and their reputation.

http://www.elfumador.com/diamondcrownmaximus.html