• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diamond in the rough

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!
Had 2 pipes arrive from eBay this weekend, a Grabow Viscount with a nice small bowl that will be good for flakes, and a no-name bulldog. Oh, 2.99 for both.

Both were pretty hammered, like they'd been someone's yard pipes before they got to me. Set aside the Grabow, scrubbed off the bowl and shank on the noname, pulled the stinger, scrubbed out the shank and stem with Everclear, loaded it up with Celebrated Sovereign and , WOW! what a sweet smoker!!

I actually bought these for the stem on the Grabow to replace one on another Grabow I've got and figured this one would be a dog. As it happens, the stem doesn't fit, it's filthy besides, but this one turned out a gem! Just shows ta go ya....

My first pipe was a Grabow many years ago. It had a huge ass bowl on that beast. It treated me well for many many years till I got my first Peterson and gave my dad my old Grabow. He smoked it to its dead. :D